Upgrade has coaused problems with existing h2h games?

Same here. Some files load ok, some not.

I wonder if people whose file cannot be loaded are using mods?

The official patch install instructions mention "Due to the potential of conflicts with earlier game Mods, we strongly advise uninstalling any mods prior to installing this patch."

Yeah I tried loading my outgoing pbem file (generated with patched game) and it got to 26% loaded then crashed. So I unistalled RT and reinstalled without the 1.01 patch i.e., reverted to original. I loaded the incoming pbem game file, generated a new outgoing file and then tried to open it. This time it opened it all the way to the opponents password screen. So I think that the 1.01 patch is the problem. My opponents next turn crashed when I tried loading it with both patched (just hung) and unpatched (crashdump) games. However, I'm not sure if this turn was generated with the patched or unpatched version.

I have 2 games where a saved game gets to 26% loaded then RT stops.

Are these fresh 1.01 RT games? Were they saved prior to 1.01? Remember, only games saved during an orders phase can be patched over. If you are continuing a game and you patched the turn during the replay phase, you will have problems.

Or possibly your opponent did that?

You guys have to give us a bit more info so that we can help figure out what it might be.

Mord.

Are these fresh 1.01 RT games? Were they saved prior to 1.01? Remember, only games saved during an orders phase can be patched over. If you are continuing a game and you patched the turn during the replay phase, you will have problems.

What does this "saved during orders phase" mean?

That I load a PBEM file in 1.0, make a saved game in orders phase. Then apply the patch and load the saved game to v1.01?

It means that you can´t take a game saved in the replay phase in 1.0 and load it after installing 1.01.

If you have such a save, you must click the red button to go into the next orders phase, save the game and then upgrade to 1.01.

At least that is how I understand it.

When you guys says Orders and Replay phase you mean that the Orders phase is the PBEM file after the game originator plays and the Replay phase is the one after the second player plays? All PBEMs start with a replay then orders so your statements are really confusing.

I have three PBEM files that are crashing at 26%, One of those I know we both are playing 1.02. How can I fix these games?

When you guys says Orders and Replay phase you mean that the Orders phase is the PBEM file after the game originator plays and the Replay phase is the one after the second player plays? All PBEMs start with a replay then orders so your statements are really confusing.

I have three PBEM files that are crashing at 26%, One of those I know we both are playing 1.02. How can I fix these games?

When you get a file from your oppo, both of you at the "old" version ...

Load the file, watch the replay, hit the red button to go to the orders phase, but before giving any orders save the file from the menu ...

Exit the game, patch it ... check it is working OK ...

Start the patched game and load the saved file ... give your orders, and hit the red button, sending out the file in the updated version ...

In the meantime, your oppo has also patched ... and he has the new game version ready to accept your updated, patched version file ...

That help?

• 3 weeks later...

My H2H partner and I have played many H2h CM games. When you hit the "go" button after giving your orders, the game generates the outgoing file. We both installed v1.0.2 before we generated or ran any turns. My opponent sent me a new file in 1.0.2. I tried to run it and hung at 36%. Once, I received an out of memory message even though I have 10 GB installed in my Mac Pro. I really can't believe that it should matter if you generate the outgoing file before or after the patch. Since I couldn't get a turn to run in 1.0.2, We don't know if my opponent had the same problem. We both had to reinstall the original games without 1.0.2. That was a major pain.

BF pushed this patch almost a month ago, but I've seen no fixes, just requests for files. I don't expect any resolution until after CMBS is released and all of it's bugs corrected.

Does anyone know if this is limited to Macs or is it affecting PCs too?

Archived