CMSF modules gone

I have CMSF paradox, updated, and Marines, Brit, and NATO modules. No hardware changes, only about a week since I last played just fine, and all modules are gone, only base game patched to 1.32. What gives? All installed software is legit (no torrents or any other similar crap). Except for the EBayed Paradox all is downloaded from Battlefront. Battles show in red, saying I need the module installed.

They just disappeared! Help?!?!

Thanks,

Mike

You may want to check your anti-virus/security software. It may have quarantined the executable files for the modules ('CMSF Marines Module.exe', 'CMSF British Module.exe' and 'CMSF NATO Module.exe'). If that is the case, then you will want to 'restore' them to their original location (typically 'Program Files\Battlefront\Combat Mission Shock Force\Modules') and also put an 'exception' in for them within the security software so that they do not get quarantined again. This can happen when new 'signature' files are updated or there has been an update to the security software.

If that isn't the solution, let us know and other avenues will have to be explored.

• 3 weeks later...

TADA!!!! Well, sort of. I use Avast, and sure enough, it had moved all .exes to the "Virus Chest", which in the newest version was impossible to find. Then, it was nearly impossible to get it to apply (seems buggy), but it's all back and I think the exceptions held. Good grief! Who thinks it's a good idea to more something to the virus chest without at least notifying the user???? I also found the exe for some hardware in there... which could easily explain some system reset issues I've been facing for a little while too.

ANYWAY, Thanks! I would have been MAD if I had reinstalled everything and then found out it was the stoopit virus software. I say we just chop all virus writers' hands off and be done with it.

Mike

In my 9/2014 version:

I restored the files from the "Virus Chest", which was stupid hard to find: main menu, click the magnifying glass tab icon on the left (Scan screen), then one of the little links at the bottom is the only way to find your virus chest, and all the goodies Avast has hidden from you.

I had to click the "Gear" tab, antivirus tab, half way down the list to "Exclusions", then entered "D:\CMSF\*".

I had to do internet searchs for BOTH of these because there are so many friggin submenus of submenus of submenus, then what you are looking for is hard to spot anyway. Not talking bad about Avast, it works well and as FREE! They did make the GUI crazy hard to navigate recently though.

Mike

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem now with Bitdefender, i have set exclusions etc, all to see all my modules vanish. So what i have to do to get round it, is disconnect from internet and switch off anti virus, then play whatever module and after that switch back on anti virus and internet. Only way i can now play the game. Funny i can play CM-Normandy and all its modules okay, just Shock Force has the problem.