CMRT Right Hook at Sopockinie - Playtesters wanted

Rokko

This map is veeeery nice made - well done BUT with Stugs its unplayable. And this is NOT your fault its BF´s ... 
Anytime i give the Stugs an attacking order they loose one of the crew member within less of a minute. After 1 hour all my stugs where useless ...
That is definitely a game-killer. From all sides ( and the map is very open in the middle) coming shots and kill the crews. Me 
as a player cant do anything and that SUCKS  :angry:
Maybe 2-3 Panzer-IV would help - i dont know. Iam very angry as this problem is known for YEARS now ...

With all that anger i forgot to tell you the rest  :P

Troop quality seems to be ok (i like the mixed squads as this seems to be the better way to play CM)
I decided to ignore the middle and went with inantry and stug support through the wood at the left side without to much problems same happend at the right side - until

all stugs left without crew. 

I quit after 1 hour play - the only problem could be that you have to travel more than 3 km to capture the main goal - thats a bit hard for infantry which has to fight its way to that point ? Not sure. I carried some MG´s with the 3 Kübel´s through the area to be a bit more mobile.

Edited by Marc Anton

I was worried this Stug bug could be a problem  :wacko:

I habe encountered this myself in other scenarios. Unfortunately BF seems to be unwilling to adress this issue, similar to issue of halftrack MG shields being near useless.

But as I understand it, you didn't go through the open center, but through the hills and woods on left, correct? My hope was, that the longer ranges in the open center would allow the Stugs to be somewhat safe. I'll have to see if others report similar experiences with the Stugs. Were it September I could use the late variant with the RC MG, I really don't want to use PzIVs because I'd like to keep it historically accurate.

Can you tell me how far you got in 1hr of playing?

The maximum time limit is 2hrs and 15 minutes, and the map length is 3.1 km, of which about 2.5 km have to be fought through on foot mainly, I thought that would be doable.

PS I am not sure why so many of you seem to prefer the woods over the open fields in center with all the long range firepower the axis side gets, probably due to fear of indirect fire, which shouldn't be too strong, though. Anyways, I'll probably have to add some further discouragements to that effect ;)

Going up the middle, you still get nailed by the fire from the hills on the left side of the Stugs .... so that was not so good for me ...

I am trying the right side push now  - going parallel to the 11th Kompanie's advance on Mankowce ...

I'm hoping the ATs will not reach / see the Stugs or the increased distance will allow relatively safe passage ...

Will let you know.

No - in my previous attempt, I had some success in taking out the ATs (with the Stugs and indirect fire) and dealing with the infantry in the fields.

There is a good mix it seems between Soviet small arms and AT rifle squads in the field which pushes you to make proper use of combined arms ....

A little reduction on the AT Guns would be good though since I really depleted my Stug Ammo engaging in the long range duels (lot of misses on the dug in Guns)  .... leaving me with not enough to carry out the rest of my mission.

Good work Marc Anton.

Update on what I posted above:

Now that my Stugs are getting up close and personal with the Red infantry instead of just sticking in the back for duels with the AT guns ... I am seeing the same thing .. crew casualties and then immobilization from small arms ... As noted by Marc - most frustrating ...

Hope BFC puts this down to address in the next patch ....

I guess I'll have to figure something out about that. Maybe a Designer's Note advising the player to keep his Stugs at a 400m distance from anything that speaks Russian would suffice? I am not sure that is possible under all circumstances, though.

I too hope BF will adress this somehow in the future.

Well, let's just say I've made some adjustements and I hope they will help. I am almost done with the Tac Maps and briefings and will probably upload it to the repository before next year.

BTW, has anyone encountered any AI counterattacks? I'd like to know if the AI triggers work correctly.