A Note about the three Marsden Hartley Historical Flag mods

After much shoe-horning I finally managed to get all of the as-yet untreated WW I scenarios for the Marsden Hartley Historical flag mod into one place.

Looking at the new file downloads this morning I found it a tad confusing, and if it confuses me, it is probably worse for everyone else. It doesn't help that I haven't figured out how to edit the displayed text on the repository page without re-submitting the mod, because I noticed one bit of text was written before I figured out how to combine the uncovered scenarios into one place.

So to clear things up, here is how it works. There are three Marsden Hartley flag mods, two for Breakthrough and one for the Great War. They only adjust WW I scenario gaphics, and only for scenarios that came with the game. (In other words I'm not modding other people's mods -- I've done it for Tsingtao, but if you want to see it you'll have to contact me separately: my email address is in the program notes that come with my mods).

The main event has always been the Call to Arms scenario, and that's why it got it's own separate release. Ostaufmarsch is a variation on Call to Arms, so it made sense to package them together.

When you play Breakthrough there are a lot of graphics from The Great War that the engine pulls out of the Great War folder. It's not an issue with the Call to Arms/Ostaufmarsch part of Marsden Hartley, because the graphics changes for the two scenarios weren't bumping up against the upload limit when I added in the Great War material separately. But it is an issue with all of the other WW I Breakthrough scenarios, because to get them to fit into one place I had to rely on a separate mod. Fortunately I had already modded all of the WW I Great War scenarios. But what it means is that if you want to see Marsden Hartley at work for the rest of Breakthrough, you'll need to download and install the Great War part of Marsden Hartley first. (The reason I made the Great War part of Marsden Hartley in the first place was because 1917 Fate of Nations is a contender for being my favorite scenario, and I don't think it's going to get adapted to Breakthrough any time soon).

• 3 weeks later...

Graphics-only mods have zero impact on what is going on in a game unless they use up huge amounts of system resources. These particular mods should be fairly close to identical in terms of system use as the original game.

Short answer: the mods shouldn't affect the stability of anything. Because they're graphics only, one person can use them and another not in the same pbem game, and it will have no impact on anything (apart from the user's aesthetic experience).