Winter War Variant?

Sometime after publication it would be interesting if BF produced a winter war version of the scenario. Same backstory except you change tghe moths to say November 2017 to March 2018.

Oh and please do some Moscow maps complete with the Kremlin I rather fancy marching my M1A2s into Red Square.

Hmm, may have read Arc Light once to often... :D

Sometime after publication it would be interesting if BF produced a winter war version of the scenario. Same backstory except you change tghe moths to say November 2017 to March 2018.

A winter war module add on down the road would be great. Being able to fight missions in the winter is one of the things that make CM Fortress Italy so interesting. Also it would be likely the conflict would not be decided in just the warm weather months. It could realistically drag on for at least a year.

A Black Sea game that eventually covers all 12 months plus a NATO module plus the map editor = a lot of German vs Russian rematches. It would be cool to have a PBEM game in WWII Stalingrad with CMRT and then have a rematch PBEM game in Stalingrad (present day Volgograd I think) with CMBS. This would be a great way to see the evolution of tactics and equipment.

Has BTS said anything about future plans for this game line?

It would be interesting to see it develop into a Third World War in Europe, with the armies of NATO nations and others drawn in. I could even see a whole module dedicated to depicting terrain (both countryside and urban) and unit capabilities degraded by the effects of limited nuclear exchange. (Perhaps that's a grimmer place than they want to go...)

There's been no word on whether they contemplate extending the timeframe in future modules. Once Bulge and Red Thunder get going they'll have plenty of winter terrain art they could pick up. Me, I was lobbying from the start that the title should take place from mid-October thru the new year! :D

Has BTS said anything about future plans for this game line?

It would be interesting to see it develop into a Third World War in Europe, with the armies of NATO nations and others drawn in. I could even see a whole module dedicated to depicting terrain (both countryside and urban) and unit capabilities degraded by the effects of limited nuclear exchange. (Perhaps that's a grimmer place than they want to go...)

A US NATO clash in Ukraine would effectively be the starting gun for WW3. A "Siberian Front" module might be one possibility with the US sending in the Marines (possibly with Japanese troops in support) But nuclear blasted terrain would be a bit too grim and large areas would be contaminated with radioactiviy making it too dangerous enter some areas.

Any way of simulating chemical weapons? Russia still has them and might use them under certain circumstances which would make things harder for NATO..

A winter war module add on down the road would be great. Being able to fight missions in the winter is one of the things that make CM Fortress Italy so interesting. Also it would be likely the conflict would not be decided in just the warm weather months. It could realistically drag on for at least a year.

A Black Sea game that eventually covers all 12 months plus a NATO module plus the map editor = a lot of German vs Russian rematches. It would be cool to have a PBEM game in WWII Stalingrad with CMRT and then have a rematch PBEM game in Stalingrad (present day Volgograd I think) with CMBS. This would be a great way to see the evolution of tactics and equipment.

I like this idea. A modern day version of actions during 3rd Kharkov - we are pretty much in the right place. Likewise a modern day version of actions fought during the Battle of Kursk could be instructive. Plus of course there is the possibility tht NATO might drive o Moscow in a sort of modern day Barbarossa after repelling the Russian invasio. Particularly if Putn were to do something rweally nasty such as using chemical weapons.

Hi,

I have always found that winter settings look better in CM than summer. Something to do with the way graphics show up on screen maybe?

But I am bias as I generally find dark, winter days more atmospheric than summer.. ;).

BTW.. refight WWII battles with new kit.. you bet.. very much on the list for up and coming fun.. :).

All the best,

Kip.