ChrisND Stream Footage

"incapacitated" rather than dead...

Am I imagining this? I thought there were two skull-and-crossbones casualty bases. A bright red and a dark red, the dark red means 'really-really dead'. Don't trust me on this. Sometimes the game in my head differs from the game in front of me.  ;)

Am I imagining this? I thought there were two skull-and-crossbones casualty bases. A bright red and a dark red, the dark red means 'really-really dead'. Don't trust me on this. Sometimes the game in my head differs from the game in front of me.  ;)

No, no imagination, that is pretty close to correct. The default graphics are a dark red skull and cross bones inside a circle for dead - buddy aiding them is fairly quick and only a case of "going through his pockets". For a seriously injured soldier the graphic is a red X inside a circle - buddy aiding them takes time because presumably they are trying to save their friend.

Now that I'm finished working on the game I got a chance to sit through all of Chris's 'Phase Line Green'. It had an ending worthy of the movie 'Fury'! :D

I've only played that scenario once, myself, in an early Beta build. I managed to nail the T-90 thru the rear engine compartment at close range with the Stryker MGS but never even got close to the actual objective.

Edited by MikeyD

Videos are starting to process on YouTube. Took a little longer this time because I split apart the stream into small lesson videos covering a couple topics each, instead of bigger 1.5 hour videos. Should make it easier for people to go back and find video demonstrations.

Sometimes the game in my head differs from the game in front of me.  ;)

I would say that life in general in my head differs from the "actual life" right in front of me. The inner world often seems more real than the "real" world. I'm spacing out here...

And still I consider myself quite sane. What others say is another matter entirely  :o

Edited by rocketman

That would actually be an interesting stat, "total hours a game is played by all its players" / "total man hours game took to develop" - I know BFC work hard and long on each game, but I still think the ratio is way higher than most other games. I wonder how many thousand hours I've spent on CM-games?

Chris, during the vid of the graduation exercise pt 1 you mention that this is the map created during a previous streaming session on the editor (did I hear that bit correctly) I don't see it in your youtube uploads.  Is there any way that could be uploaded for the benefit and delectation of those of us who haven't use the editor since CMBO?

Chris, during the vid of the graduation exercise pt 1 you mention that this is the map created during a previous streaming session on the editor (did I hear that bit correctly) I don't see it in your youtube uploads.  Is there any way that could be uploaded for the benefit and delectation of those of us who haven't use the editor since CMBO?

Oh, I like this idea of uploading that to Youtube. Would be a great tutorial for those of us that want to get involved in the editor. 

I also don't see it on his Youtube. However, it can be viewed as a saved 'highlight' on his Twitch channel here, http://www.twitch.tv/chrisnd/c/5628262

Thanks again for the Youtube uploads. This week's videos should be very helpful to anyone new to CM games.

After watching the graduation exercise, I do have a question with regards to the IFVs and their coaxial machine guns. I found that IFVs in CMSF almost never used their coaxial machine guns on target light and instead used their cannons. Has this changed at all? Also, will IFVs with AGTMs still use them when targeting something that isn't an armoured vehicle?

After watching the graduation exercise, I do have a question with regards to the IFVs and their coaxial machine guns. I found that IFVs in CMSF almost never used their coaxial machine guns on target light and instead used their cannons. Has this changed at all? Also, will IFVs with AGTMs still use them when targeting something that isn't an armoured vehicle?

We changed this in Black Sea so that Target Light makes them just use MGs. If given Target, or allowed to fire on their own, they'll choose whatever weapon system they will feel is appropriate.

We also changed IFVs to heavily favor cannons over ATGMs for non-vehicle targets, in order to preserve ATGMs for more serious enemy threats.