ChrisND Stream Footage

The tractor in that screenshot has since been removed from the game.

The abandoned cars in CMSF were a bloody hack, one that I admit I used more than once myself. These were actually destroyed Units that belonged to one side, which they were treated as destroyed Units and not as a neutral environmental object. There's all sorts of problems that stem from that.

For base game release, nope, no civilian vehicles are planned. Their presence on the battlefield would be a whole new environmental terrain type and that has a lot of ramifications (see above: CMSF dismounted civie vehicles were a bloody hack with lots of problems). Instead of doing that resources were put into creating more combat vehicles and equipment.

Hey Chris, thanks a lot for your videos and for getting the manual up, they are all very useful and entertaining.

I have one question regarding the game that was not explained in the manual. In your videos you say that there are some soldiers who would be equipped with night vision goggles and some who would be equipped with night sights for their weapons. While I completely understand the differences in Real LifeTM I am not sure how those differences would be translated in terms of gameplay for something like CMBS if at all. Should we expect spotting or engagement differences between troops equipped with night sights only and troops equipped with first gen night vision goggles only? 

Also one more unrelated question. In the streams I saw that when you are giving movement orders for a squad in one platoon, you still get the lines of the movement waypoints that you have given for the other squads in the same platoon. I never saw that before when I am playing Red Thunder, but since it is the same engine, I assume it could be done in RT as well, so if someone could give me the shortcut for that, I would greatly appreciate it.

I have one question regarding the game that was not explained in the manual. In your videos you say that there are some soldiers who would be equipped with night vision goggles and some who would be equipped with night sights for their weapons. While I completely understand the differences in Real LifeTM I am not sure how those differences would be translated in terms of gameplay for something like CMBS if at all. Should we expect spotting or engagement differences between troops equipped with night sights only and troops equipped with first gen night vision goggles only? 

Yes, although the difference is especially dramatic between soldiers equipped with regular night vision and those equipped with thermal weapon sights. And once units start shooting some of those advantages will be mitigated since muzzle flashes are well.. kinda bright.

Also one more unrelated question. In the streams I saw that when you are giving movement orders for a squad in one platoon, you still get the lines of the movement waypoints that you have given for the other squads in the same platoon. I never saw that before when I am playing Red Thunder, but since it is the same engine, I assume it could be done in RT as well, so if someone could give me the shortcut for that, I would greatly appreciate it.

Hotkey for that is ALT-P

Thanks for doing this every Sunday and posting the streams on Youtube. It is much appreciated.

I have a question about the Ukrainian BTR-4 though. As they seem to be a very tall vehicle with what I think is an unmanned turret (could be wrong about that), how will their spotting work when hull-down? It seems like they would be well suited to being deployed as such, but they might not be able to see much.

Thank you for uploading the latest stream Chris! I hope you continue to do so for those of us who have difficulty watching live on Twitch! :)

My best and looking forward to its release!

-Chris

I had problems with Twitch before. But if you create an excemption for Chris channel in you anti-virus, you should be good to go. Twitch does some kind of continous check that the anti-virus considers a threat and it starts buffering.

Hope it helps - it is a lot of fun to watch it live and post in the chat.

I had problems with Twitch before. But if you create an excemption for Chris channel in you anti-virus, you should be good to go. Twitch does some kind of continous check that the anti-virus considers a threat and it starts buffering.

Hope it helps - it is a lot of fun to watch it live and post in the chat.

Thanks Rocket! Will try this for his next stream! Definitely would love to post questions during the live stream.

Just started watching some earlier streams (US mission). I clearly see that my hair will proly turn white while playing Black Sea. Loosing an entire squad in a blink of an eye to one tank round from god knows where... I'am going to need some antistress pills  ;)