New file at the Repository: Opening the Door (2014-10-31)

A platoon of enemy mechanized infantry is reported to be just down the road.Your unit is operating in mountainous terrain.Your mission is to seize the village in the centre of the map and set-up observation point/fuel dump.The village is located to the north off the axis of advance into ISIS controlled Syria. Use your Humvees for soft targets and spot for ATGM Strikers until reinforcments arrive.This is a small scenario intended to be a balanced meeting engagement. Play as Blue! Kevin Kinscherf

More...

Thanks Kevin!

******SPOILERS*******

This is a tiny 15 min scenario and it's really about overwhelming US forces massacring Red forces.

In the first turn my ATGM vehicles killed several enemy BMP's and caught Red inf running into town. After that it was simply a matter of using the vehicles in stand off mode and killing everything at as long a range as the small map will allow.

Then when the US inf turns up simply advancing slow towards the town while the AI picks targets and kills everything. Got enemy surrender with several minutes to go and didn't have to get anywhere near the town (or do much as the AI didn't need my help).

I was really hoping for an IS vs Iraqi or Syrian Kurd/Peshmurga type scenario so one could play IS forces and get a better understanding of how a few thousand men can take over such vast areas of countries. (And also to use some of the very cool uncon mods.)