Soundmod for CMBN

Oddball_E8

• 2 months later...

Ok so Im going to try this.

I unpacked the sound folder to a data/z-folder. I did the same with the patch 2 and overwrote files. 

Question: the third patch has no sound folder but 11 wav files. Should I unpack them to my soundfolder or

to sound/bullets and shells/shots

Thx

Well, ideally you should overwrite them in the shells/shots folder.

BUT, the way the game works with mods, you could just put them in another folder under Z called z_oddballpatch or something.

When the game loads up it checks for mods in the Z folder.
It then loads the mods in order by name, so anything named Z at the start will load last (and zz will load last and zzz even more "last" and so on)

For example, I have a folder called zzzzzz_testing which I use to put any new mod I want to test. Anything I put there will load last and thus override any other mod of those files I might have installed.

but yeah, you might as well just overwrite the filed :)

Edited by Oddball_E8

Also, I have another patch coming that changes the .50 cal sounds a bit, but if you want to do that yourself, just delete all but the M2 .50 cal sounds and rename them this way:

gun 12 m2 0.wav to gun 12 dshk.wav

gun 12 m2 1.wav to gun 12 m2.wav

That will make them sound much better IMHO. (there were problems with the "pacing" of the old sounds)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Oddball_E8, on 13 Feb 2015 - 05:24 AM, said:

Thanks.

But none of the stuff is really "done" by me.

It's all just stuff I've picked up here and there over the last 15 years or so.

That's true, but it's a lot easier to get one big sound mod, then pick and choose what you want out of it than to hunt down 6 or 7 different mods and cobble them together.

That's true, but it's a lot easier to get one big sound mod, then pick and choose what you want out of it than to hunt down 6 or 7 different mods and cobble them together.

Also true.

And that's why I release my mods. Not because it's something I've created myself, but because others might not have access to the same size library of sounds as I do.