Funnies German and Allied oh my!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While looking over Brit army vehicle lists in Normandy it was discovered that the majority of tanks in some British Churchill regiments were the uparmored MkIII, outnumbering MkVI. That surprised Steve greatly! Dang, I can't locate my references now. I'd be able to give you a vehicle count for each regiment. What I do recall was there were zero uparmored MkIII among backup replacement vehicles so as the war went on the number of vehicles would drop due to attrition. And the Guards had none.

this seems to cover it

http://www.flamesofwar.com/Default.aspx?tabid=112&art_id=399&kb_cat_id=36

(note, for example, that 6GTB had no Churchill III ... and no Churchill 6-pr either)

I recall Grille was discussed but the number of vehicles in the pack already far exceeded their original intentions. Not to mention the hours that had been put into the project. There was already one 150mm assault gun vehicle in the game and the pack simply couldn't grow any bigger.

I recall Grille was discussed but the number of vehicles in the pack already far exceeded their original intentions. Not to mention the hours that had been put into the project. There was already one 150mm assault gun vehicle in the game and the pack simply couldn't grow any bigger.

Grille (early) has been added. It is an on-map option for the Panzergrenadier Armored Regimental IG Company.

Grille (early) has been added.

Really? After they swore up-and-down that they weren't going to do it too! Let me check my super-secret Beta tester resources... Hmmm, if its in the game its beyond my abilities to locate it. But then again, I've said the same thing about several vehicles in the game.

Hey Chris, can you give us info if there are any scenarios/campaigns with the pack?

No campaigns or scenarios. Vehicle Packs have just new equipment (plus any new functionality with that equipment like the flames/flail), forthcoming Battle Packs will focus on scenarios/campaigns.

Chris, just out of curiosity, what happens if one only owns CMBN + 3.0, will the britt stuff still show up or do you have to have CW or MG too?

The easiest way to think of it is that the Vehicle Pack does not add any new nationalities or branches of service to the game. If you think about it there's no other way it can be. For example, the new Churchill variant. If you do not have CW or MG then the Vehicle Pack would have to include all British uniforms, voices, and UI artwork as well as the TO&E. Then the player would be able to do what? Play with a Churchill battalion and no other British units? That doesn't make much sense.

Of the two, Commonwealth is the more important Module to have in terms of utilizing the new vehicles. That way the new vehicles show up for British, Canadian, Polish, and Waffen SS units, as well as the Heer and US that come with the Base Game. Market Garden extends the timeframe and expands some of the vehicle options to other units.

Steve