CM Helper 1.4.0 Available

Hi All,

There's a new version of CMH available, in the usual place:

http://bit.ly/cm-helper

In terms of managing your H2H games, this has a couple of "niceness tweaks" and a couple of bug fixes.

The main change is in it's ability to tell you what versions of which CM game types you have installed. This version reads an up-to-date catalog of that information from the cloud, so that as new releases come from BFC, it tells what you have and if you are up to date.

Right now this is not really a big deal, but as more "modules" and "packs" come along, and these start depending on each other, this is likely to get more important (for example, you can't have the "Symbiotic Shrimp Pack" unless you have V2.1 or greater of the "Estuaries and Byways" module of "Space Lobsters of Doom" base game)

As usual, any problems drop me a note including the complete log. Help->Report Bug is the ideal way.

GaJ

Great stuff, GAJ, thanks.

One minor point - you state version # and game engine # for CMBN and CMFI, but not for CMRT.

Yeah - that's because it was kind of confusing that it's V2.20 of CMBN that has the 3.0 engine, so I tried to make it clear.

Wheras with RT there's only one version and one engine and that's it :)

(Plus, TTYTT, I haven't actually thought about "what engine is in RT!?")

GaJ

Yeah - that's because it was kind of confusing that it's V2.20 of CMBN that has the 3.0 engine, so I tried to make it clear.

Wheras with RT there's only one version and one engine and that's it :)

(Plus, TTYTT, I haven't actually thought about "what engine is in RT!?")

GaJ

I just thought that like the others, it would say "CMRT v1.00, Game Engine 3.00 ) ;)

• 3 months later...

Could someone pls briefly explain what this tool does?  

76, if I can use your first name, the utility will automatically monitor your Dropbox folders for new game turns.  When it sees a new file from your opponent, it automatically copies the game file into your incoming turn folder on your computer.  The utility will then show as a turn available to play.  As soon as the turn is played and saved, it will copy the new game file out to the Dropbox folder automatically, and flag the game as waiting for your opponent.

If you have more than one game going it makes it much easier to keep track of where you are.  There is also a chat function and a notes function applied to each game played.