Hi there,

I'm just thinking over the bulgarian war entry in the call to arms campaign (should be the same in ostaufmarsch).

What factors do influence it?

I think there is an event after capturing Belgrad, right? What is it's exact effect?

what else, are there other events? And if yes, what are the trigger factors?

Does succesfull warfare against Serbia (destroyed corpses, captured towns...) have any influence?

Is there a deadline, when Bulgaria goes to the war at the latest?

Furchtlosundtrew

Hi Furchtlosundtrew

The main events that will bring Bulgaria into the war are these:

If Belgrade falls, then Bulgaria will swing 10-20% towards the Central Powers, with a 35% chance every turn of a further 1-4%.

If Nish falls, then Bulgaria will swing 5-15% towards the Central Powers.

Add in some diplomacy, and they should enter the war sometime in 1915.

But there is nothing definite about their war entry, and Entente actions could prevent them joining the war, especially if they take Gallipoli which will make them swing towards the Entente.

Bill

Hi Bill,

thank you for your answer, I understand the "Belgrad event" that way, that the 35 % Chance/turn lasts until Bulgaria is in the war or the game ends, there is no end of it, right?

In my actual game, i have a strange process of bulgarian mobilisation:

15.08.14: 34 %

In this turn i captured Belgrad, so the following step is because of this:

29.08.14: 50 %

12.09.14: 53%

26.09.14: 56 %

24.10.14: 72 % (!) Nothing special happened this turn. Neither did I capture Nish, nor something other special. I Didn't have a diplomatic chit investetd in Bulgaria either. I cant't explain this jump from 56 % to 72 %, can you...?:confused:

21.11.14: 72 %

19.12.14: 77 % OK, this is just a bagatelle, but there should be a progress of a maximum of 4 % because of the Belgrad event, but it are 5 %, nothing special happened this turn...

30.01.15: 77 %

27.03.15: 77 %

24.04.15: 77 %

22.05.15: 77 %

19.06.15: 77 %

10.07.15: 77 %

24.07.15: 77 %

07.08.15: 77 %

OK, this could be just misfortune, but I never had it as persistent, as this time. The Chance of not getting another single progress in eight turns should be about 3,4 %...

I will have an Eye on it the next turns, maybe it is just unluck and there will be further progress, but i am asking myself, wether there where some changes from Breakthrough 1.4 to 1.5 (because this is my first game in 1.5 and in the versions before i never had such problems as this time, to get bulgaria to war...)

Furchtlosundtrew

Hi Furchtlosundtrew

There are other events that can have an impact, such as any countries surrendering to the Central Powers (3-5% per country).

If France surrenders then the impact would be 11-20%.

If the Entente declare war on Albania then Bulgaria would swing 10-20% towards the Central Powers, or 20-40% if the Entente declare war on Greece.

The lack of movement from 77% suggests that Belgrade is empty, as for the script to fire it requires a Central Powers unit to be in Belgrade.

That's about all, so I'm not sure about the bagatelle either, but hope that this helps clarify most of the other issues.

Bill

I don"t know if you guys still plan to change anything on this game, but for the record, any chance you could change it so it always increases the readiness(as long as you hold Belgrade), not just if a CP unit is inside Belgrade? It seems needlessly specific and the game never informs you of this. I (who has played over 20 games probably, though most before the changes to Bulgarian war entry) never knew this was a requirement.

It also seems counter intuitive as you would push further down into Serbia after taking Belgrade, possibly leaving it behind.

If a partisan detachment spawns every time you dont have a unit in Belgrade, then ignore this, I had not really considered if that was the reason it didn't increase.

Hi Bill,

- Yeah, the lack of movement could indeed be, because Belgrad was (in many of this turns) empty. I feel like sapare, i never knew about this requirement and in my opinion it doesn't really make sense. If you don't change this completely, then maybe you could change it in this way, that it is enough, do have at least on unit one tile away of Belgrad (what would suppress any partisans too)...

- I am thinking on about the great progress from 26.09.14 - 24.10.14 (16 %). Belgium surrendered after the 4th turn (12.09.14) so this can not have any impact on the big progress two turns later.

There where no other surrenders of any countries in this time too and no declarations of war by one of the major nations...

I have one idea (but can check it earliest this evening): Albania joined the Entente around this date (the "normal" Albanian war entry). Maybe this could be the reason? Or the War entry of turkey (which was too somewhen around this date, not quite shure with the exact date, I have to check it this evening)?

Furchtlosundtrew

Hi there,

I checked it yesterday: At the Start of the turn 26.09.14 Turkey and Albania are in the war. I am not shure, wether they joined at the end of my turn before (12.09.) or at the end of the enemy's turn between. I belive, turkey joined after the enemy's turn, but I dont remember. So it would make sense, that at the end of my turn the jump in the bulgarian readiness could be a reaction on the war entry of turkey just before...

Is there a relation between turkey and the bulgarian readiness?

Furchtlosundtrew

Hi there,

I checked it yesterday: At the Start of the turn 26.09.14 Turkey and Albania are in the war. I am not shure, wether they joined at the end of my turn before (12.09.) or at the end of the enemy's turn between. I belive, turkey joined after the enemy's turn, but I dont remember. So it would make sense, that at the end of my turn the jump in the bulgarian readiness could be a reaction on the war entry of turkey just before...

Is there a relation between turkey and the bulgarian readiness?

Furchtlosundtrew

Not sure if this is the reason, but if the system works how I think it does, then the Turkey war entry indeed will have a big impact, as with its entry a lot of other nations 'surrender' to the Central Powers.(all those nations that are part of the Ottoman empire)

I don"t know if you guys still plan to change anything on this game, but for the record, any chance you could change it so it always increases the readiness(as long as you hold Belgrade), not just if a CP unit is inside Belgrade? It seems needlessly specific and the game never informs you of this. I (who has played over 20 games probably, though most before the changes to Bulgarian war entry) never knew this was a requirement.

It also seems counter intuitive as you would push further down into Serbia after taking Belgrade, possibly leaving it behind.

If a partisan detachment spawns every time you dont have a unit in Belgrade, then ignore this, I had not really considered if that was the reason it didn't increase.

Hi Sapare

There is a 15% chance per turn of a partisan unit spawning in Belgrade if it's left empty, I hadn't thought it likely that it would be left empty.

However, I do agree that it isn't intuitive that one would have to keep a unit in Belgrade in order to trigger Bulgarian interest in entering the war.

This is essentially an engine restriction which can be worked round, but due to the requirement for an anti-partisan garrison I'd not considered implementing a work round before.

Bill

Not sure if this is the reason, but if the system works how I think it does, then the Turkey war entry indeed will have a big impact, as with its entry a lot of other nations 'surrender' to the Central Powers.(all those nations that are part of the Ottoman empire)

Turkey's war entrance isn't actually a factor, as Bulgaria and Turkey weren't on friendly terms.

The reason it works the other way around when countries surrender is that then the Central Powers are falling apart, so the remaining parts fear the worst at that point.