Invisible unit

eniced73

I did a search in all forums and only seen this issue with CMBN. This looks to be a different issue as that one was related to an older patch for CMBN.

On turn one my units were visible. I opened the game file and found the unit a couple times to make sure. First turn and two mortar units have disappeared. Their unit icon will appear and I can see their cover arc but the models are missing. I checked other similar units that I have and they are showing up with no problems. It is just these two specific units. Also as I pan the camera up or down or in and out the unit icons will disappear when I get to a certain point.

Is anyone seeing this issue?

CMRedThunder2014-09-2711-37-03-55.jpg

CMRedThunder2014-09-2711-37-07-70.jpg

Is it possible that the individual soldiers are still on the map somewhere? The icon and cover arc are displayed from the 'center' of the unit. I've had e.g. 4 man mortar teams with 3 men in one place and one half the map away (some weird and rare pathing bug), and the net result is the icon (and cover arc) is nowhere near either group of troops.

Of course the pathing issue doesn't sound relevant here if the unit was correctly together the previous turn. You'd find it pretty hard to miss them all wandering apart if you were watching the affected unit. But it is possible that whatever the cause the actual men can be found somewhere on the map, with the icon in the 'average' position of them all.

(or of course they might be where the icon suggests they are and just not rendering for some entirely different reason).

CMRedThunder2014-09-2711-37-03-55.jpg

As I look at this screenshot, I notice what appear to me to be two mortar teams, one at the very left edge of the pic, the other a little ways to the right of the first one, right above where the road starts to bend. I don't see a floating icon above either of them. Could those be your missing mortar teams? This would be consistent with what The Vulture posted.

Michael

Which is weird, in and of itself. I've seen squads, especially after some casualties in each section, spread out after moving or as a result of combat reactions that the icon hovers over empty space, usually halfway between the two (or three) sections. But never seen happen it with an intact team like this.

Which is weird, in and of itself. I've seen squads, especially after some casualties in each section, spread out after moving or as a result of combat reactions that the icon hovers over empty space, usually halfway between the two (or three) sections. But never seen happen it with an intact team like this.

Last time I saw that was a pbem and it was a British trooper who hid underwater way off from his team. Took me forever to find him. Not that it mattered, he wasn't rejoining the fight.