Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Demo, articles, movies etc.

Hi all,

I have begun seeing AARs being posted on various mailing lists and forums and I just thought I'd make an offer of hosting AARs, articles, fanfiction etc at the CombatHQ ( http://combathq.thegamers.net )

For those who don't know yet you can use Print Screen to capture a screenshot, hit escape to exit to desktop, click and paste the picture into a graphics program, then click on the minimised game icon to open the game again and continue the turn.. When you want another screenshot just repeat. I can do all that in about 6 seconds now per shot wink.gif

Anyways, if you have an AAR you'd like to see posted of either a solitaire or a PBEM game OR you want to write some fanfic (perhaps a Tiger tank commander's eye view of a certain demo scenario battle wink.gif) OR you just have some cool screenshots you want to post then drop me a TEXT ONLY email at fionnk@thegamers.net

It is FINE to send my Word documents as attachments with the text of the AAR or fanfic but PLEASE don't send me any pictures as you'll overload my email server and I am NOT the person who posts the pictures anyway.

An AAR could be as simple as a half a page recounting of the main events or as involved as the PBEM AAR Martin and I had.

I can supply an overhead map shot from the editor of the two beta demo scenarios for anyone who wants to illustrate their AARs with map lines and drawings also..

Anyone with tactics articles etc for the demos should also feel free to send them to me at fionnk@thegamers.net (again no pictures please).

MOVIES... These have been mentioned. I don't know how they can be made but if people are willing then I'd be willing to host them for dissemination to the community. Drop me an email with your plans and we'll talk ok?

Lastly, if you are planning AARs, articles or anything else please drop me a line BEFORE you get started as I may be able to help you out with certain things to help you do the best job possible wink.gif

Glad to see everyone likes it so much. See, there was no hyping going on wink.gif. We were telling it like it was.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Excellent.. I'm looking forward to TC-eye views of the battles and some AARS.

I hear making movies is really time-consuming for CM though. Give me an email with what you are thinking of ok Chris. I may have some tips.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers