Mac, the punishment ?

hi,

Last news August 21 and no upgrade for Mac ( a problem of compatibility and testing ...hum...yes...maybe not forseeable).

I'm stuck. can't play against people on PC now because they all have updated their games.

We are what ? a minority ? yes of course ! but the price will be the same or must it be increase for the inconvenience of so few players with so expensive machines ... ?

To positive, i'm still surprised !

Thks

Cata

Thanks, Phil.

We wait with baited breath...whatever that means.

Don't know what "baited breath" means... but "bated breath" means "restricted/reduced/lessened breath". "Bated" is a short form of "rebated", and is otherwise used to refer to the weapons used in non-lethal tournaments in the Age of Chivalry - blunt-edged, square pointed swords, collared lances and the like.

Thanks, Phil.

We wait with baited breath...whatever that means.

It's "Bated breath", technically.

To "bate" something means to reduce, hold back, or blunt. For example, a "bated blade" means a sword or similar weapon that has been dulled for use in training or friendly competition.

These days, the word is fairly archaic outside of the saying "bated breath" which curiously continues to be in fairly common even though otherwise usage has mostly died out.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Womble...

How about "We're dying to get this upgrade?"

Well no ones that. My son had a hockey coach use used to say "I'll get right on that, but don't hold your breath 'cause you might die" when ever people wanted him to do something I was not highly motivated to do. I have tried to slip it into conversation with my kids at least once a year ever since. Mostly I get a lot eye rolling :rolleyes:.

BLSTK,

As you've written it, the meaning is that you've somehow managed to affix a worm, minnow, cricket or piece of chum to your inhalations and exhalations.

womble,

Thanks for a most interesting discourse on a matter of which I knew vanishingly little. While we do indeed use the expression "bated breath," what I find of greater interest is the term "rebate," which, extending your weapon explanation, makes perfect sense, for it dulls the otherwise keen edge of the full purchase price.

Regards,

John Kettler

As you've written it, the meaning is that you've somehow managed to affix a worm, minnow, cricket or piece of chum to your inhalations and exhalations.

Dear John:

We are truly blessed to find ourselves surrounded by so many cunning linguists. I wonder if the ladies know what they're missing.