The Peng Challenge: Thread Blunder

Joe Shaw

You're all just jealous I scored First Class ... Mind you it's a 45 minute flight but still. And NG Cavscout I would do almost anything to avoid trading turns with you, not because of the ludicrous content of the turns but because it's you.

What's first class like on a DC-3 these days? Do the seats recline?

Nidan1, you old Gyrene so and so. I can't believe they still give you access to the internet after that last pyramid scheme fiasco in Eastern Ohio. Just an indication of the depths to which our society has fallen I suppose.

Shouldn't you be off somewhere instructing naive coeds in self defense tactics "Like they taught in the Corps"? Now that I mention it, that sounds like good work if you can get it..... hmmm

Wait, where was I? Oh yeah... talking with you lot. I should find better things to do, oh, there we go, some gum to scrape off the bottom of diner tables.

Nidan1, you old Gyrene so and so. I can't believe they still give you access to the internet after that last pyramid scheme fiasco in Eastern Ohio. Just an indication of the depths to which our society has fallen I suppose.

Shouldn't you be off somewhere instructing naive coeds in self defense tactics "Like they taught in the Corps"? Now that I mention it, that sounds like good work if you can get it..... hmmm

Wait, where was I? Oh yeah... talking with you lot. I should find better things to do, oh, there we go, some gum to scrape off the bottom of diner tables.

It is quite good work, but I have been retired these last five years and no longer teach.

You're still working in the diner? I would have thought by now you would have found more gainful employment.

Which reminds me, are you still policing in some cultural backwater like Wisconsin or something? God knows they need it, even from someone like you. BTW, how's the leg these days?

Michael

Boo Radley, scraping gum off the bottom of the table is a metaphor for any task more appetizing than coming in here and dealing with you lot. Attempting to decy... diciph..... puzzle out what you and the band of merry missing links that abound in here are trying to communicate with your clicks, hoots, and tooth clackings, bears a strong resemblance to one of the labors of Hercules, you know, the big muscly Greek guy.....

Joe Shaw, didn't you have him take a test or something for his job as backup Justicar? Pile blocks in a tower, pick out prime numbers, correctly spell the word "Idjit", something? Or did you just hand it over to him as compensation for a line on a local orphanage that was behind on its mortgage?

Boo Radley, scraping gum off the bottom of the table is a metaphor for any task more appetizing than coming in here and dealing with you lot. Attempting to decy... diciph..... puzzle out what you and the band of merry missing links that abound in here are trying to communicate with your clicks, hoots, and tooth clackings, bears a strong resemblance to one of the labors of Hercules, you know, the big muscly Greek guy.....

Joe Shaw, didn't you have him take a test or something for his job as backup Justicar? Pile blocks in a tower, pick out prime numbers, correctly spell the word "Idjit", something? Or did you just hand it over to him as compensation for a line on a local orphanage that was behind on its mortgage?

I have never claimed to be perfect ... Others may have chosen to say so but it wasn't me. So no, there were no tests involved, doubtless I was so desperate for some help that I hoped he would rise to the occasion. In fact I couldn't get him to rise to the daylight, he spent all his time conked out on the cot in the Justicariate office.

It was, I've said it before a stupendous error.

Boo Radley, scraping gum off the bottom of the table is a metaphor for any task more appetizing than coming in here and dealing with you lot.

Instead of creating metaphors, why don't you just follow your own advice and not come in here any more.

Actions do speak louder than words.

Instead Enougheating metaphors, why don't you just follow your own advice and not come in here any more.

Actions do speak louder than words.

Because Nidan1 I have dedicated myself to a life of service. And much like the alien spaceship that came and jump started the evolution of humans in the movie 2001 a Space Odyssey, I volunteer my time in here so that hopefully one day unfortunates like you may aspire to better things than scratching yourselves and drooling into a bucket.

With help, you might actually be able, one day, to spend your time collecting carts in a Walmart parking lot or scraping roadkill from the asphalt of your local highway.

Because you see, Nidan1, I am all about helping my fellow man.

No, don't thank me. The sparkle in your unfocused and slightly askew eyes is thanks enough

Because Nidan1 I have dedicated myself to a life of service. And much like the alien spaceship that came and jump started the evolution of humans in the movie 2001 a Space Odyssey, I volunteer my time in here so that hopefully one day unfortunates like you may aspire to better things than scratching yourselves and drooling into a bucket.

With help, you might actually be able, one day, to spend your time collecting carts in a Walmart parking lot or scraping roadkill from the asphalt of your local highway.

Because you see, Nidan1, I am all about helping my fellow man.

No, don't thank me. The sparkle in your unfocused and slightly askew eyes is thanks enough

Oh, I see cavscout, speaking strictly in metaphor now, you are saying you're like that primitive ape-like creature that first picked up the bone to use as a tool? Or you are like a senseless, monolithic, block of black polished granite?

It all makes sense to me now, you have helped me a lot thanks!

{Snipped}

He's using a bucket now? Well this IS progress then.

Joe