The Peng Challenge: Thread Blunder

Joe Shaw

Oh please.  You know you yearn to bask in the light of my everlasting agape.

And versificationisms.

I mentioned to Seanachai the other day that I was ready to serenade y'all once again.  I even showed him the song I would base it on.  And the video.

And know, my Cessthren, that he almost took pity on ye.

Almost.

We don't need the Storyteller's pity. If he had the cojones, he would stop by himself instead of sending his minion to do his bidding.

You reckon? Next I guess you'll be telling us that water is wet, or some such hot bulletin from the front lines of your search for truth.

Michael

Reckon so pardner.  reckon?  What the hell, are you one of those wanna be cowboys going down to Seattle's finest countrified bars doing line dances in your new Nordstrom boots.  Line dancing with your buddies in your chaps sans pants?

Well I might have to explain water is wet to you, I can't assume that you would take the knowledge that the urine you woke up this morning face down in being wet would make you understand the same regarding water.

Reckon so pardner.  reckon?  What the hell, are you one of those wanna be cowboys...

*sigh* Yet another example of your cultural narrowness. If you had ever read anything more challenging than the occasional comic book, you might be aware that the word 'reckon' has quite an honored place in the language. At least in the language of the fully literate. The grunts and squeals that you use don't count.

Michael

You reckon? Next I guess you'll be telling us that water is wet, or some such hot bulletin from the front lines of your search for truth.

Michael

"Particle Man, Particle Man

Doing the things a particle can

What's he like? It's not important

Particle Man

Is he a dot, or is he a speck?

When he's underwater does he get wet?

Or does the water get him instead?

Nobody knows, Particle Man"

*sigh* Yet another example of your cultural narrowness. If you had ever read anything more challenging than the occasional comic book, you might be aware that the word 'reckon' has quite an honored place in the language. At least in the language of the fully literate. The grunts and squeals that you use don't count.

Michael

what do you have against comic books?  Upset as that is the likely place your life story will be told?

As reading matter for 6-8 year olds, nothing whatsoever. I think that for a person of your advanced age it says something. Something very shameful.

Michael

MY advanced age?  Hey at least I don't claim to have been boyhood friends with Pharaoh Tutankamen

Well I doubt many 6-8 year olds are gonna care about your life story...considering I doubt anyone at any age will.  Sales of your comic book autobiography are bound to be low.

MY advanced age?  Hey at least I don't claim to have been boyhood friends with Pharaoh Tutankamen

The pharaoh would have had you staked out under the hot desert sun.

Well I doubt many 6-8 year olds are gonna care about your life story...considering I doubt anyone at any age will.  Sales of your comic book autobiography are bound to be low.

The only thing the slightest bit interesting about you is to see how far off topic you will wander. It's sort of like watching a drunk stagger out onto a busy freeway and taking bets on which vehicle will knock him down.

Michael

Bouncing of the bottom of the page....

Updates!!

Noba is teaching me how to have a knife fight in the rain and dark.  So far 2 cats killed for 1 brave IS!!  The vermin from Germany will be repulsed.  Oh yes, and something about touch Rugby...I mean really touch Rugby?  Note to self: update Wikipedia's entry for Oxymoron.

Nidan is teaching me how to play Black Sea.  Actually he is showing me what it looks like to have the entire horizon shaded by the pyres of burning armored vehicles.  Beautiful.

Boo Radley is teaching me how to advance down constrained lanes in the attack.  His Tommies are running....

Palladium, after a promising day or two of posts, has disappeared from the scene.  Likely the turn I am waiting for will show another horizon shaded by the pyres of burning armored vehicles....

Speedbump

Updates!!

Noba is teaching me how to have a knife fight in the rain and dark.  So far 2 cats killed for 1 brave IS!!  The vermin from Germany will be repulsed.  Oh yes, and something about touch Rugby...I mean really touch Rugby?  Note to self: update Wikipedia's entry for Moron with my name.

Speedbump

Well done little one, you are indeed feeling the wrath of my Panthers to the point where your infantry lie in place whilst the tank shells kill them and bury them at the same time.

German efficiency at it's best.

Noba

Well done little one, you are indeed feeling the wrath of my Panthers to the point where your infantry lie in place whilst the tank shells kill them and bury them at the same time.

Noba

Piffle.  Three conscripts are well worth watching two Panthers pretending to be bonfires....

Nidan is teaching me how to play Black Sea.  Actually he is showing me what it looks like to have the entire horizon shaded by the pyres of burning armored vehicles.  Beautiful.

speedbump

I notice the conspicuous absence of any update reflecting the spanking your tank heavy American  force took from my hardy panzergrenadiers. Outnumbered three to one they prevented you from taking your objectives, while inflicting heavy casualties. A lesson you wont soon forget I'm sure.

Edited by Nidan1

Noba

G'e'r'm'a'n' e'f'f'i'c'i'e'n'c'y' a't' i't's' b'e's't'.

FIFY

I notice the conspicuous absence of any update reflecting the spanking your tank heavy American  force took from my hardy panzergrenadiers. Outnumbered three to one they prevented you from taking your objectives, while inflicting heavy casualties. A lesson you wont soon forget I'm sure.

Simply a recognition of arbitrary victory conditions.  I controlled 80% of the map, the entire village, both bridges and had far more than 20 men left at the end.  My Americans were having a barbecue and a keg in the town square.  

I will apologize to the scenario designer for not controlling the small copse of trees in the far corner of the map which represents 60% of the victory points...and then beat him about the head and neck.

Nidan, revel in your "tactical victory" as the highlight of your gaming career.  You know, deep in your heart, that you were bettered...

Speedbump

Ugh, two weeks has not improved this place; perhaps I should take the evening work again.

Palladium, after a promising day or two of posts, has disappeared from the scene.  Likely the turn I am waiting for will show another horizon shaded by the pyres of burning armored vehicles....

Speedbump

It might at that; did you bring vehicles? Probably not, it would imply a grasp of tactics beyond that of old Earl Haig. 

Edited by Palladium