Wandering crew members

LukeFF

I've been playing the first two missions of the Foiling Fustain campaign over the past couple of days, and I've noticed the bug where crewmen of deployed AT guns & HMG teams will wander off is still there. In particular, in the first mission of this campaign, I've had crewmen from the AT gun and an HMG wander off. I can get them back into place by giving them a movement order, but this naturally causes problems with targeting until then, as often it's the gunner that wanders off. :mad:

:rolleyes:

Why do I even bother, when I get replies like the ones above.

You get those kinds of replies because if anyone knows the answer to your question, they haven't turned up yet. Maybe you are the first to notice the problem in FI and nobody else has delved into it. Persevere and maybe the seeds will sprout.

Michael

Defects like this have been found and fixed a few times. One message from BFC is that while they have made things much better in this regard it is still possible that we may run into other ways / scenarios that cause this kind of problem.

The thing is just saying it happened to you really leads to nothing more then an opportunity for people to be funny. What is a tester supposed to do with this? You did not share what version of the game this happened to you in. You did not say if you had a saved game that could be passed on to development. Sure someone could fire up the scenario and try to reproduce it but there is so little information it would be like trying to find a particular strand of hay in a hay stack. Did this happen with initial deployment right from the setup? Was the gun towed into place? Was it moved by the crew? Where was it deployed - as it next to what?

I recommend that when this happens to you save the game. Make a screen shot. Describe what was happening before and what you orders were like. Report back here.

This happened a few times to me in CM:BN 1.11 or whatever the last patch for V2 came out. It only happened in rifle squads, but one soldier would double back a distance before returning to his squad. I've not played much CM:BN since then and I've not seen it in RT so I suspected it was something about the density of mvement blocking terrain on the maps.