CMSF needs an active screenshot thread

To be fair the attacker was sat in the spawn twiddling his thumbs while his CO watched VBIEDs racing around, but it was a serious explosion.....Ironically of course the whole thing was a part of the same script error that crashed my testing, but I still didn't notice it until it was pointed out!  :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

The following screenshots are from the scenario Hornet's Nest set in Mosul Iraq.  It was created by @Sgt.Squarehead and has the Iraqi Counter Terrorism Service (CTS) & US advisors attacking and clearing a section of Mosul of ISIS.  I am still playing through it.  So far it is a great urban battle with IEDs, refugees and other surprises.  It is proving to be a very interesting MOUT fight.

CTS units on the move in Mosul.

CMSF%20Hornets%20Nest1_zps29ajyqth.jpg

OpFor Sniper team.

CMSF%20Hornets%20Nest2_zpslwlgqttx.jpg

Friendly refugees awaiting rescue.

CMSF%20Hornets%20Nest3_zpsj3tuqep2.jpg

• 1 month later...
On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 6:26 AM, IICptMillerII said:

jwjL0a-0TzSGecI2D5JfFg.jpeg

I thought this was a great shot. It looks like a proper warzone

From an on going PBEM of "To the Shores of Tripoli."

That looks properly badass.

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 11:08 AM, MOS:96B2P said:

Looks like Photobucket is holding my photos hostage for $400 a year.  "Sigh" 

Time to get an imgur account. I've already deleted my photobucket.
http://imgur.com/

• 10 months later...
3 hours ago, MANoWAR.U51 said:

Is there a way to disable the user interface or do you cut it out of your screenshots?  

I crop the UI (at the bottom of the screen) out of the screenshot in Paint.  As you probably know - "alt"  "I"  disappears the floating icons.  

I recently started using mogrify from ImageMagick (https://www.imagemagick.org) to script the cropping. I used to have to hand touch every image and now I just run a script that crops them.

I typically rename my screen captures and then run this script:

mogrify -path final -unsharp 0x2+0.2 -quality 70 -crop 1815x1050+0+32 *GameNameOrders-*.jpg
move *GameNameOrders-*.jpg originals
mogrify -path final -unsharp 0x2+0.2 -quality 70 -crop 1815x880+0+32 *GameName*.jpg
move *GameName-*.jpg originals
pause

This is what I use for AARs where I have renamed all the files to follow the format GameName-01CoolsCaption.jpg or GameNameOrders-02WhatIamDoingNext.jpg

This is run from a folder with the raw renamed images a directory named "final" for the images that will be uploaded and one named "originals" since I want to keep them at least for a while. The  mogrify (yeah crazy name) command can do several things at once "-path final" means the output of the operations goes to a sub folder; "-unsharp 0x2+0.2" slightly sharpens the images (they look better); "quality 70" means the .jpg files are saved with quality set to 70; "-crop 1815x880+0+32" means the compas and the order UI and the strip with the pause are cropped out; and finally "*GameNameOrders-*.jpg" selects the orders files for one cropping and "*GameName*.jpg" selects the other files for a different cropping.

17 hours ago, IanL said:

I recently started using mogrify from ImageMagick (https://www.imagemagick.org) to script the cropping. I used to have to hand touch every image and now I just run a script that crops them.

I typically rename my screen captures and then run this script:

This is what I use for AARs where I have renamed all the files to follow the format GameName-01CoolsCaption.jpg or GameNameOrders-02WhatIamDoingNext.jpg

This is run from a folder with the raw renamed images a directory named "final" for the images that will be uploaded and one named "originals" since I want to keep them at least for a while. The  mogrify (yeah crazy name) command can do several things at once "-path final" means the output of the operations goes to a sub folder; "-unsharp 0x2+0.2" slightly sharpens the images (they look better); "quality 70" means the .jpg files are saved with quality set to 70; "-crop 1815x880+0+32" means the compas and the order UI and the strip with the pause are cropped out; and finally "*GameNameOrders-*.jpg" selects the orders files for one cropping and "*GameName*.jpg" selects the other files for a different cropping.

Have to try this, thanks.

Sharpen also contributes a lot the game´s visual quality. Never seen a game profiting so much from it like the CM2 series.

Edited by MANoWAR.U51

• 3 months later...
18 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Never keen on night-time however.  Can't see all the great graphics and flavor objects.

But the tracers and glow from burning vehicles look really cool .................... :D.   In CMSF1 it's not to bad and it gets lighter as the scenario progresses.  Kind of a battle to see who's in charge of the government by the time the sun is up.  Hopefully the lighting still looks okay after moving the scenario to CMSF2.  Also engine 4.0 has the B key which may help on some monitors.   

If the sun rises during the scenario then that is good as one gets to see the great graphics eventually.  PS:  In PM it seemed like this might be a 2 hour mission(?)  I agree that 4 hours can be daunting, but to fully enjoy your great innovative features, would recommend closer to 3 hours.

PRO TIP: Give the reb forces some burning cars to place in key intersections. These slow but don't stop AFVs, rendering them more vulnerable to RPG keyhole shots. Plus the smoke plumes make the battlescape less sterile and more ominous....

Also, I have some billboard mods for those highway signs. I guess I didn't include them in the zipfile I sent over, sorry! 

Edited by LongLeftFlank