Where is CMRT patch?

togi

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello BFC team,

Something might be expected to be released this week from CMRT, such as forgotten patch?

Sorry, I'm reminding again this issue but the big 5.5 months have been passed after release.

CMRT patch should have had a priority over Black Sea development or even CMFI and CMBN 3.0 patches that I think, but we are waiting without an official answer or release plan.

Regards

CMRT patch should have had a priority over Black Sea development or even CMFI and CMBN 3.0 patches that I think...

Which is an opinion that you are fully entitled to. But that does not change the fact that it is still an opinion.

...but we are waiting without an official answer or release plan.

You seem to be assuming that everything in the BFC workshop always goes according to plan, whereas recent posts by both Phil and Steve suggest that in regard to the RT patch, not all has gone according to plan. Since there is nothing that we on this end appear able to do about that, I view this as one more opportunity to cultivate one's patience.

:)

Michael

The patch is being worked on, we have tested various builds, but have run into some technical issues. Hopefully, it won't take much longer.

I hope so, thanks for the information, good luck to you on testing and our fingers crossed

Such a technical issues showing that the program routines and logics of this game is getting older. (since 2007 )

I hope that BFC will not insist to use this same engine or program routines at CMX3.0 release causing such problems

My basic requests are,

multicore support

UI scaling automatically according to the resolution

some enhancements of visuals of the game

Kind Regards

Such a technical issues showing that the program routines and logics of this game is getting older. (since 2007 )

I hope that BFC will not insist to use this same engine or program routines at CMX3.0 release causing such problems

Togi - old code doesn't get rusty. It's just the other way round: the longer you don't add features and just fix bugs the more stable the program will become.

New features always means new bugs. Thats not a fault of BFC - this is always true for any product.

Togi - old code doesn't get rusty. It's just the other way round: the longer you don't add features and just fix bugs the more stable the program will become.

Well, good design/code doesn't get rusty but bad design/code sure can. If your have issues in the initial design you can reach the point where fixing one thing causes two other issues to appear in seemingly unrelated parts of the product. If you ever are stuck managing code like that it can be really frustrating and you can eventually reach the point where the product is unmaintainable.

Having said that I see no reason to believe that is happening with the CM code base.

I will refrain from commenting on other sources of delays in case someone thinks I have some kind of inside knowledge.

One more week has passed and no patch release, it's very strange

BFC can't handle their code bugs after 23 weeks passed. Again I must say that I hope they will not use this code design at CMX3 project.

Hi Steve , can we get some information from BFC base ?

Regards

I did kind of expect it today. It has been a long time coming, but I do hope it is not released with the same number of bugs that 3.0 CMBN & CMFI have eg gap bug, linear alignment bug, mortar bug

Ohh really :-(

Has BFC broken old solid BN and FI games with new patch? So can we expect a new patch for them too? I hadn't seen these problems. I think it would be released within one year after this long awaited one :-)

, so it's obvious that this game codes seems getting older, BFC can't control over that while updating..

Thanks for this information , I have no information about BN and FI problems.

Regards

How would you know that?

How would you know that?

Hello mate,

I don't know but I can see that;

- I have max 15 fps and glitchs while moving on over the battlefield in this game for bigger maps - I have seen drops to the 7 FPS .. yes 7 :-)

- I'm awaiting to load one turn in PBEM game, aproximetely 3 min through to the end of the games

Is it normal while playing 40 - 50 FPS minimum in other games at my High end system nowadays?

I know only one thing , these all could have been acceptable at 2007 but now only for the gamers like me, are bearable.

Regards

Regards

Hello mate,

I don't know but I can see that;

- I have max 15 fps and glitchs while moving on over the battlefield in this game for bigger maps - I have seen drops to the 7 FPS .. yes 7 :-)

- I'm awaiting to load one turn in PBEM game, aproximetely 3 min through to the end of the games

Is it normal while playing 40 - 50 FPS minimum in other games at my High end system nowadays?

I know only one thing , these all could have been acceptable at 2007 but now only for the gamers like me, are bearable.

Regards

Regards

all that may be true but can you tell men an alternative to the combat mission series?

NO, but closest would be Graviteam's Operation Star series of games.

GT:OS is definitely not an effective replacement for CM. Not even close. There are a few nice touches (mostly eye-candy having to do with tank treads), but a host of issues as well that constitute deal-breakers for me.

With CM, there are various minor rough edges and compromises that exist because BF just hasn't had the time or resources to address them yet and they have to prioritize. Or, they have to wait for average customer system specs to improve to facilitate something. However, there are literally NO fundamental design decisions that I disagree with in CM. I'm constantly amazed at how Steve and crew choose to do exactly what I would do if I were making the call.

On the other hand, GT:OS has a group of core design decisions that I deeply dislike, making the game a one-week-and-shelve-it wonder for me. I don't consider it in the same league as CM. It is where Close Combat might have gone, had it ventured into 3D, with a dash of Total War thrown in. Players looking for real-time, broad-stroke WWII tactical flavor at the platoon or company command level might have fun with it. Players looking for a realistic, fully-functioning WWII battlefield at a deep-sim level, at team, squad, platoon, company, battalion...or...even regimental+ command level, will only find that in CM. Yes, you have to play the role of each of those commanders at the same time. Well, getting the chance to make the juicy decisions is why we play wargames. And, allowing adequate time to play the role of all the commanders on the field, no matter what the battle size, without fundamental loss of realism, is the strength, beauty, and primary purpose of the WEGO system (of course, you're free to play real-time to the battle-size limit of your ability to adequately issue commands).

I have buyer's remorse over my purchase of GT:OS, even though I got it for 70% off. It did do one thing well for me, though. It showed me yet once again how important the vision and people behind a product are. CM is my dream game and it gets better and better. I have to pinch myself that it exists and looks to have a bright future. A game like GT:OS shows how different, and less enjoyable, a game focusing on the subject of WWII tactical combat can be, and it's all down to design decisions.

If I had to choose between GT:OS or the boardgame ASL, I'd go with ASL.

But I don't have to, because I've got CM! THE BEST tactical wargame ever made and getting better all the time! (Pinch. Pinch.)

all that may be true but can you tell men an alternative to the combat mission series?

Ok there is no alternative, I agree on that, but without constructive critism about cons of this game, how can you expect about development on the areas mentioned at previous post by me?

If we can't say our ideas, the same engine will be presented to us at following years with same prices.

So please critize constructively. I believe BFC can handle above issues easily, so we will be more happier to trust to them.

Regards