About hiding

A interesting feature of the game is you can hide vehicles! They will try to not make any unnecessary movements and noise. Though not clearly simulated in the game I wonder if it involves shutting off the engine?

I had a Sherman tucked up against a building in a "alley" mostly hidden from view until as you approached the tank and the street curved to the left there it was ready to light you up. You would think the sound of the engine would bounce off the alley walls and carry up the street.

So this German Squad approaches and I get a sound contact from them and they just waltz down the street until they see the tank and then it's "Panzer this" and "Panzer that" but it's too late and they get chewed up by the bow gun, the coax and the "Ma-Duce" on top.

So that's why I wonder if to the A.I. it's a silent tank sitting there.

Mech.Gato

Hidden units can do buddy aid, in that case can they be easily spotted? If the answer is affirmative I´ll never hide close to a wounded soldier. :D

Usually just the suicide doctor can be spotted and aimed at, when LOS/LOF to him is possible. Any aimed fire will likely do collateral damage to his buddies nearby. Thus hiding is only advisable in good cover terrain. Buidlings are fairly safe, even at short range. Oddly enough, foxholes and entrenchments are less so, considering a WIA and the medic should be completely out of sight when lying/crouching at the bottom. :( Need to retest in V3.0, if that´s still the case.

Individuals whose status is "Hiding" won't be "Spotting", so their situational awareness is degraded even before terrain features that interrupt LOS from prone are taken into consideration. Most of the time, an element will have one trooper with a status of "Spotting", so in a team of 4, that's a quarter of the number of eyeballs that get checked for whether a potential target has been acquired.

Individuals whose status is "Hiding" won't be "Spotting", so their situational awareness is degraded even before terrain features that interrupt LOS from prone are taken into consideration.

You sure about that? I'm noticing, at least in CMRT, that Hiding troops seem to have better awareness than previously. The blue LOS line appears to extend a bit farther. And, unless behind am obstruction, they can perform an decent ambush while hiding. Might be worth testing.

The ideal situation is that Hiding troops spring into action via the signal of a non-hiding unit- like an HQ- in close proximity. But likely tricky to program.