3.0 and Z folder

May be I like living on the edge but I don't bother removing all my mods - unless I see some kind of problem. The exception being the one mod that is pretty much guaranteed to cause issues Vin's animated text mod that one I delete before updating. That's right delete, since any update usually requires a new specific version of that mod no one will be putting it back after the install.

If you put your mods in their own directory ('z' as an example) and refrain from naming them with the same names as any of the built in .brz files there is no conflict and the patch process will not even notice they are there.

May be I like living on the edge but I don't bother removing all my mods - unless I see some kind of problem. The exception being the one mod that is pretty much guaranteed to cause issues Vin's animated text mod that one I delete before updating. That's right delete, since any update usually requires a new specific version of that mod no one will be putting it back after the install.

If you put your mods in their own directory ('z' as an example) and refrain from naming them with the same names as any of the built in .brz files there is no conflict and the patch process will not even notice they are there.

Kudos to you for successfully dodging the Zombie Scarecrow Tank Crew bug! (http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=107925&highlight=scarecrow+bug). Whenever I live on the edge, I always tip over . . .

Leaving your mod folder in when you patch is no different than taking it out, patching, starting the game (1 or 2 times) and then putting it back in. You will not "corrupt" your install because you didn't remove the Z folder. All that matters is whether or not there are incompatible mods in the folder.

Kudos to you for successfully dodging the Zombie Scarecrow Tank Crew bug! (http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=107925&highlight=scarecrow+bug). Whenever I live on the edge, I always tip over . . .

Oh yeah that is a sucky problem. But that comes from skipping a step in the order of installing rather than a corruption due to mods or other files.

I agree though it is a shame that you have to rub your belly and pat your head while you follow a series of installs in just the right order to get things running. Thankfully that order is well documented and the new installers have made this easier for at least some people.

Leaving your mod folder in when you patch is no different than taking it out, patching, starting the game (1 or 2 times) and then putting it back in. You will not "corrupt" your install because you didn't remove the Z folder. All that matters is whether or not there are incompatible mods in the folder.

Absolutely correct, but I will stand by my comment to always remove your mods, as it's simple and safe, and that's what the majority of forumites should go by.