Another Wish List Thread: What do you want to see in the CM:BN Battlepack?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rankorian,

I like your idea, but I fear your demand for tactical radios would've interfered interfere with VT fuze production by an already strained radio manufacturing capability! Why? American squads in WW II didn't have radios; only platoons and higher did. That was the SCR-536, popularly and wrongly called the walkie talkie but correctly known as the handie talkie. From the SCR-536 Wiki. Suggest you recast your example as the Company CO talking to his rifle platoons.

"In November 1942, the SCR-536 received coverage in the amateur radio magazine QST. It appeared on the cover as well as in Signal Corps advertising, and was featured as part of an article on the Signal Corps. “Smallest field unit of the Signal Corps” in which a photo caption read; “it is not much larger or heavier than a conventional handset”. It was carried among the first waves to hit Omaha Beach at Normandy in June 1944.[2] Every rifle company of the U.S. 29th Infantry division had six; one for each of the three rifle platoons, two for the weapons platoon, and one for the company CO. The Germans were deeply impressed by the SCR-536 and the SCR-300 after capturing several units in Sicily.[3

Regards,

John Kettler

OK, may be this is in place already, but is there a key (combination) to select the last waypoint for the selected unit? It would be very handy for quick adjustments to waypoints...

Packs do not have new features.

This feature is not in place already. It's going to be low priority, if it ever gets on a list for engine enhancements (v3, v4, v5) at all because the utility of being able to hotkey to the previous waypoint is extremely marginal when you need to mouse onto it to drag it around anyway. It would sometimes speed up the addition of orders to a waypoint you don't want to move.

I'll repeat myself again for another wish list thread:

Boats or amphibious vehicles (like the DUKW and DD Sherman), various flavors of supply trucks (with ALL types of ammo available)[snip], and more options for on-map artillery pieces (Towed, or Self Propelled Artillery).

That would pretty much do it for me.