Another Wish List Thread: What do you want to see in the CM:BN Battlepack?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would rather like to have different "silhouette hq *.bmp" files for all the different nations and branches instead of just 4 at all. This may sound a bit weird to the uninitiated right now, but you will understand the reason when I release my next mod.

:D Interesting!

Flamers like the crocodile and Bren carrier. Flail tanks. Kangaroos.

But like others here, I'd like some properly done campaigns based on the major operations with correct maps and forces. They are a great challenge. I wish BFC could somehow make ops and campaigns playable as h2h/pbem, that would be superb.

Medics. I always try to treat my wounded in my battles. Proper medic teams would add to the immersion, though not a biggie.

Ooh, and the ability to dig in ;)

But, what I'd like most are the old style "Operations" that can be played as Axis or Allies geared up to the new game engine. I loved those.

100% support from me. They might not depict historic situatiosn well and such, but were extremly entertaining to play.

What I would also love to see:

Artillery plans (preplanned shifting of fire) and walking barrages. Preplanned arty only in certain scenarios. Organising on map assets in batterys (less spotting rounds, coordinated firing).

Reworked fortifications. Bunkers not rendered unusable by MG fire and sacrosanct to the enemy.

Mixing covered arcs and area fire. Vehicles less reluctant to fire at a highly visible, deadly threat outside a covered arc. Platoon ambushes triggerd by HQ.

Handing AT weapons picked up to the squad AT guy. Merging teams under certain circumstances (once had a surviving AT guy with a tube and another with rockets standing side by side discussing what to do) or more efficient ammo sharing (giving unneeded ammo to someone who can use it). No expansion in micro management via acquire.

Precise MG placement!!!

Reorganising your battered force in campaigns like merging squads, promoting someone to platoon leader reattaching support weapons.

Picking up SMG ;).

I certainly agree with postfux123 about being able to merge squads. When you are down to 3 or 4 men having them still split into 3 teams is a real pain.

It would be especially helpful in campaigns when squads are badly depleted. It could either done "manually" via a "Merge" command in much the same as we split teams. Although that would take a redesign of the UI. Failing that it could be performed by the AI automatically between missions at Squad, Platoon and Company level.

I suppose the other option is for me to get better at the game, so that I don't lose so many PBI.

Since missions in a campaign can easily be considered to be weeks/months apart (with additional actions in-between), that one could realistically have units gain experience as well as be allowed to promote and award medals - rather like we can in the Silent Hunter submarine series. Always seemed that it would greatly enhance the game and add to immersion. Not holding my breath tho'.