Something else to talk about. What would YOU like to see next.

Sequoia

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Combat Mission Campaings. A first part of the game with strategic decisions : choose units, create supplies from them, the units gains experience after combats, etc...Strategic scenarios in Europe, Africa, Asia, etc...And the second part is the battles at strategic level (CM BN,FI,CW,MG,RT...)

Off topic: Does anybody uses the coloured triangles on top of the screen?

Regards

Barbarossa or Battle of France.

But I know I'm the voice in the wilderness :)

Meantime I'll probably take whatever ( WWII ) I can get.

Nope - I only found out at Christmas that you could click them ! :eek:

I listed a module for RT as a possibility as I thought its content would be low hanging fruit: SS, Luftwaffe troops and lend lease vehicles, but then I realised any new vehicles would have to have riders worked in so maybe it isn't such low fruit after all.

Prepare for some blasphemy. :-)

Ok, I have enough CMx2 games to last me 10 years, and most features I would like to see are, as far as I know, off limits for the CMx2 engine. I know there are still lots of theaters not cowered, but yup, I would like to move on to CMx3.

I would also like to see a BattleTech setting on CMx2 engine.

...wow, I sound like I'm trolling.

The feature I would like to see next is support for Head to Head campaign play. I really, really want to be able to play campaigns via PBEM. Several people have created systems for campaigning outside of CM but I would like to see the support for the Campaign feature some people are currently enjoying extended to fully allow head to head play.

Combat Mission Campaings. A first part of the game with strategic decisions : choose units, create supplies from them, the units gains experience after combats, etc...Strategic scenarios in Europe, Africa, Asia, etc...And the second part is the battles at strategic level (CM BN,FI,CW,MG,RT...)

Regards

Yes sometimes..

Ok, I have enough CMx2 games to last me 10 years, and most features I would like to see are, as far as I know, off limits for the CMx2 engine. I know there are still lots of theaters not cowered, but yup, I would like to move on to CMx3.

Or a Warhammer 40K version.

What i need is a combat plane sim with wego turn concept...

would love to see a game with the graphics of say IL2, but with turns...

I knew BF did it in the past (Big time Software) a would love to see an upgrade to fit nowadays technology...

but it's only a dream.

The feature I would like to see next is support for Head to Head campaign play. I really, really want to be able to play campaigns via PBEM. Several people have created systems for campaigning outside of CM but I would like to see the support for the Campaign feature some people are currently enjoying extended to fully allow head to head play.

Even better, a multiplayer co op campaign. Take a regiment, each player takes a battalion on a huge map and have at it, would really make multiplayer more fun and a great way to tackle the monster scenario that the new 3.0 cm is capable of. I bet we get this with the Kursk module, to simulate large unit attacks.

Barbarossa or Battle of France.

But I know I'm the voice in the wilderness :)

Meantime I'll probably take whatever ( WWII ) I can get.

Nope - I only found out at Christmas that you could click them ! :eek:

Wait....you can click them??? Lol, only 3+ years in and I finally find a use for them! Still, I say get rid of them.

Vencini,

Yes, I find those triangles annoying and would like to see them gone. If real estate is precious, use it to expand the info on the lower UI.

As for what I would like to see (unrealistically in near future)

1. France

2. North Afrika

3. Barbarossa

4. Korea (Now that would be interesting - something we have not seen before & many countries)

As for what I would like to see (realistically)

1. Module for CMFI (want to play the Melfa and Liri Valley and recreate Battle Of Melfa)

2. Pack for CMBN (bring all weapons and units to right before Bulge)

3. Module for CMRT (need more variety and more scenarios)

Not That Interested

1. CMSF Upgrade (very last in my list of wants)

2. BlackSea (I will buy it but it seems less interesting than the 1936-1960 stuff - more interesting operationally, less tactically)

This is probably not exactly what you are thinking of, but I will toss it out anyway. About 30+ years ago Yaquinto came out with a paper game called simply Bomber. It was the 8th. AF against the Luftwaffe (the Brits weren't invited to this particular party, sorry). Each scenario was one day's set of missions and if memory serves, the turns were hourly. Thus it was sort of operational in scope but you could play the whole year of 1944 if you had the stamina.

Now the reason I bring it up here is that this game cried out to be computerized, but so far as I know no one has ever quite tackled the subject in quite the thoroughgoing way that Yaquinto did. If somebody did it and did it justice, it would be worth almost any price to people who are interested in this kind of game. I'd buy it in a hot minute.

Michael

As for what I would like to see (unrealistically in near future)

1. France

2. North Afrika

3. Barbarossa

4. Korea (Now that would be interesting - something we have not seen before & many countries)

I would mostly affirm that list, except that instead of Korea I'd rather see the Arab-Israeli wars, simply because those tended to be wars of movement and I find that more interesting.

Michael

would love to see a game with the graphics of say IL2, but with turns...

I knew BF did it in the past (Big time Software) a would love to see an upgrade to fit nowadays technology...

but it's only a dream.

Flight Commander 2 updated to FC3, a game like Over The Reich, Auchtung Spitfire all would be great. :D