CMBN Whiners thread!

I'm not sure that there is any easy way to implement that idea, in fact I suspect that with only two programmers available to do everything the company needs to do, it might push back work on everything else back for weeks or even months. In short, while your suggestion might well be of the "nice to have" variety, I wouldn't look for it to have a top of the list priority.

Michael

This has been my point all along. I do not expect BFC to drop everything to fix it. The game is not broken without this changed. However, it is a legitimate issue that should be resolved at some point. There shouldn't be added steps to setup a game because you gave BFC more money. And having secondary installs for modules is a silly fix. I don't know where else that is the recommended thing to do, but for some reason it is here.

I never made this a doomsday argument, but people assumed it was.

My personal experiences don;t matter because it is an overall design issue rather than strictly a personal one. I do have several games of RT going currently. Although I've been playing less than I used to. For a while I played quite a bit at the Blitz and this issue did arise a few times there.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And yet still you don't answer which leads one to believe you are making a mountain of an issue that you aren't facing at all. I have had multiple pbem partners and not had this issue yet. I also don't see anyone raising as much fuss on this as you.

I hope you are practicing "safe pbem"

...there should be a lot of people out there to PBEM on old versions.

Oh, they whine but mostly they still buy. The horror of playing the 2nd best version of the game drives them to upgrade . CMBN v2.12 will look progressively less appealing once flamethrowers (and other stuff) arrive. Then the hesitators will no doubt complain about having to buy both v3.0 and the game pack together because they hadn't got v3.0 earlier.

I question the business model that allows this and I wish BFC would just hurry up and take my money.

I feel your pain. Having all that money around can be torment for some people, although I must admit it never bothered me all that much. What you should do is write BFC a check for $1000 with instructions to just deduct whatever amount is due when each new release becomes available. Do this once a year and everybody should be happy. Just writing this has made me happy already.

:D

Michael