Market Garden AFV's Display Errors (v.3.0)

Several Market Garden Module AFV's do not display correctly after installing v3.0 (2.20). This is not mod related. Are others seeing this?

Here are examples of some I have already found, there may be more:

Mobelwagon

14889285001_33ba7118a7_o.png

251/17

14705740378_4b8dabbefc_o.png

Flak 8t

14705697399_f2215d7a41_o.png

The US jeep with M2 .50cal (not pictured) also fails to display in the same manner as the Flak 8t and 251/17.

I believe your affected vehicles are all from the Market-Garden module, so I suspect something went wrong with installation or updating of that content. Were you up to date with 2.12 and all modules working fine before you installed the 3.0 upgrade?

Once you've activated on a single computer, you should not have to reactivate when uninstalling/reinstalling on that computer. However, if you do input an activation, nothing is used up.

Thanks everyone - I appreciate the help. CM has always executed flawlessly for me, so this is a new experience. akd, yes, I was patched to v2.12 and everything was working great.

Here is what I have tried thus far, in order:

• removed entire "z" folder from Data
  • removed v100E and v220 .brz's from data
  • re-ran v3.0 installer
  • reactivated v3.0
  • confirmed v2.20 on intro screen
  • reopened scenario in the editor and was presented with a red dialogue box saying the Market Garden Module was needed for some content
  • restarted the game - red dialogue no longer appeared in the editor, but the AFV's still fail to display correctly

I noticed when activating v3.0 the "Unlock Success" dialogue noted "CM Normandy 3.0 cmbn+cw" and "CM Normandy 3.0 market garden." I did not purchase any bundles. Maybe that's just a technicality in the wording, but I thought I would mention it.

Do I have to re-install everything at this point?

Well, this is turning into an adventure.

While attempting a clean install of the entire game and its components, I received a license error after applying the 2.0 upgrade. This has effectively stopped me in my tracks.

I have submitted a helpdesk ticket to BFC with my 2.0 key and a link to this thread.

BFC/beta testers: please feel free to redirect me if I am going through the wrong channels or if there is something I can do to correct this on my end.

Thanks to everyone who has chimed in on this thread. I have been contacted by BFC via the helpdesk.

Erwin, I did have numerous mods in place when I installed v3.0, so I may have brought this on myself to a degree. I removed the entire "Z" folder when I tried reinstalling v3.0 after seeing the problem with the MG AFV's, but it didn't produce a correction. I then uninstalled the entire game and began reinstalling when I ran into the 2.0 license error, which is where I am presently stuck right now.

I saw your thread about MG content being greyed out initially. This happened to me after applying v3.0 as well. Are the AFV models displaying correctly for you?

The grey out happened to just about everyone. It seems to correct itself soon as you log off and restart the game. Basically, you have to start the game twice after the 3.0 install.

Mord.

Thanks for the confirmation Mord. By the way, I still use your sh*t hot voice mods prodigiously. Just know sir, that on any given evening, your digitalized vulgarities are broiling through the night air somewhere in the American west.

BFC has sent me a utility to address the 2.0 license error issue - I’ll give it a go tonight.

Again, my thanks to everyone who has chipped in on this thread and to John at BFC for his prompt help.

Thanks for the confirmation Mord. By the way, I still use your sh*t hot voice mods prodigiously. Just know sir, that on any given evening, your digitalized vulgarities are broiling through the night air somewhere in the American west.

BFC has sent me a utility to address the 2.0 license error issue - I’ll give it a go tonight.

Again, my thanks to everyone who has chipped in on this thread and to John at BFC for his prompt help.

I can confirm that the greyedout out stuff comes back after you log out and restart. Also, Mord's digitized vulgarities broil through the night air in the American Midwest as well

My vulgarities broil through the Mid Atlantic as well...just about every night...even when CM is off.

LOL. Thanks guys.

And Peter, I still remember that critique you gave me for the CMSF mod—probably the best response I ever got on a mod.

Good luck. Hopefully you can sort this out.

Mord.

Thanks to John at BFC for his on-the-spot customer support and several of you helping me narrow down the possibilities, it looks like I'm back up and running in v2.20. Whatever the issue was, performing a clean re-install of the game cleared it up. I'll definitely be a lot more "by the book" when applying updates in the future.

I have to say, while performing the re-installs and launching the game in various stages, it was fascinating to be reminded of how far its development has come. Best wishes to BFC for their impressive dedication and for creating a long-standing place for this community of wargamers. I hope building this game brings you as much satisfaction as playing it does for so many of us!

Good and Proper 251/17

14880554176_ba4fe769ab_o.png

BletchleyGeek:

No worries, that was just my temporary, kludgy way of making sure the 3.0 installer was replacing what I perceived to be the key, new data files into the CMBN directory when attempting the first reinstall of the update by itself. John helped me get sorted out straight away.