Wait a minute?

All I know is the forum was dead for awhile, then along comes Pelican Pal. What a chap he is, he sure knows how to get every ones panties all tied up in a knot.

And he just cannot stop once he starts either. He just keeps retyping the same things over and over and by some magic he will brain wash us all to believe in his ways of how things should be. We will riot, we will swarm, we will force BF to conform to the will Of Pelican Pal.

Well at least he has kept some activity going on the site for awhile, but he is really getting old and it is sad that we cannot get some decent threads going instead of this junk.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is the forum was dead for awhile, then along comes Pelican Pal. What a chap he is, he sure knows how to get every ones panties all tied up in a knot.

And he just cannot stop once he starts either. He just keeps retyping the same things over and over and by some magic he will brain wash us all to believe in his ways of how things should be. We will riot, we will swarm, we will force BF to conform to the will Of Pelican Pal.

Well at least he has kept some activity going on the site for awhile, but he is really getting old and it is sad that we cannot get some decent threads going instead of this junk.

Awww I'm sorry! Did my reasonable complaints about the poor webstore front end get to you?

The post about dinner was hilarious! I almost lost control of my bladder. But then again I am almost at that age where it depends (ha-ha-ha brand name joke).

And yes CMBN does come with a exercise program! Since the new upgrade people are jumping to conclusions, running topics into the ground, flying off the handle and developing amazing forearms from pounding the keys in hammering out replies to defend their injured feelings.

Also I have found drinking coffee or beer while playing makes you get up and run to the toilet about every hour!

Better to be pissed off than pissed on!

Mech.Gato

Always fun to watch an otherwise civil forum turn into the vitriol and hyperbole present on most of the internet.

I think the idea of charging extra money for patches is not the best business practice, especially for a video game, but I understand why BFC does it and I don't have a problem with it. I won't buy them in the forseeable future because I'm still quite happt with my initial purchase of CMBN and CMFI and I don't fell like dropping $20. Just my 0.2.

I think the comments on the state of the web store are probably more relevant. It is definitely extremely confusing right now and I think it would probably help people just finding out about the franchise to get into it if there weren't 50 different purchasing options. I guess that is my 0.3 then...

Always fun to watch an otherwise civil forum turn into the vitriol and hyperbole present on most of the internet.

So you thought you bring misrepresentation along for the ride cos it had mostly gotten off the bandwagon?

...charging extra money for patches...I understand why BFC does it...

Except they don't. And saying they do doesn't make it so, it's just wilful misrepresentation.

Except they don't. And saying they do doesn't make it so, it's just wilful misrepresentation.

I've been wondering about this kind of.

So far if BFC finds that the game is broken they'll fix it. However, did the HMG fix ever get back ported into CM:BN and CM:FI? As far as I know it didn't and I would consider that as something that would be patch worthy.

I've been wondering about this kind of.

So far if BFC finds that the game is broken they'll fix it. However, did the HMG fix ever get back ported into CM:BN and CM:FI? As far as I know it didn't and I would consider that as something that would be patch worthy.

I'm pretty certain it did a long time ago...in MG release, or a patch for BN/CW perhaps?

At this point BF has built a hard-earned reputation for quality and reliability. I would say you DO know what you are getting when you buy a BF product or upgrade. That is what makes their "franchise" so valuable. It is a known quantity.

No, they really haven't. Battlefront makes good games. They are fun, well researched and accurate, and I'll even say that they are good value. The software quality is absolute garbage though. The games are glitchy, they are missing obvious features (volume control!), the control interface is spotty, the installation process is a joke (V 3.0 is v2.20?! Installation order must be rigidly followed to prevent disaster).

I've got no problem paying for game upgrades. I think It's a solid idea. I object to the fact that I have to pay $10 to be able to turn the music off in game. That is a silly omission that should have been rectified for free.

I like BFC games, I really do. When Black Sea is released, I'll likely have spent more on Combat Mission games than pretty much anyone in this thread, since I've been buying several copies as gifts for friends. I just wish they would step up their game a bit.

... However, did the HMG fix ever get back ported into CM:BN and CM:FI? As far as I know it didn't and I would consider that as something that would be patch worthy.

See features list for ( free :D ) CMBN patch 2.01 :)

Don't know about CMFI, since I don't have it, but I have a vague recollection that it may even have been done when it came out. Don't remember for sure - CMFI owners will be able to tell you :)

When Black Sea is released, I'll likely have spent more on Combat Mission games than pretty much anyone in this thread, since I've been buying several copies as gifts for friends. I just wish they would step up their game a bit.

Can I be your friend? :D

Awww I'm sorry! Did my reasonable complaints about the poor webstore front end get to you?

PP, be careful with Slyniper. You don't want to be on his **** list.

The next thing you know you'll walk out your front door and there'll be a guy up in a tree in camos bracketing your head with a Cheytac .408 cal. The spooky part? You'll never see it coming. Here's an alleged photo of SS stalking some poor shlub up in the Redwoods. Can you spot him?

image.jpg

free photo hosting

If you bought CMBO you got the CMx1 engine and it's patches. With CMBB you got CMx1 engine revised and no way to get the revisions into CMBO. CMAK brought even more CMx1 engine revisions but still no way to retrofit the game improvements to earlier titles. Enter CMx2 Engine

CMSF presented the new CMx2 engine along with it's module system to expand the game and improve the game play at the same time. Perhaps BFC should have titled this the "Crying Game" for all the wailing and gnashing of teeth that went on.

With it's teething problems behind it the CMx2 Engine was re-introduced as CMBN, the premier WW2 tactical simulator. The awards speak for themselves. It's 3 Modules provided new equipment and continued game and visual performance changes.

CMFI/GL continued the roll with more gaming and performance enhancements in Italy's stand alone cameo appearance.

Enter Red Thunder. The East Front (much like the history of CMx1 engine) offered significant Gaming and Graphic Performance changes. Faster loading time, higher degree of graphic resolution for lower end PC's, The miracle of "triggers", increased AI group and orders. An improved Scen editor that can handle the creation of larger maps with greater ease. AND.... unlike the CMx1 CMBB Title... the ability to retro fit these improvements to the West Front Titles! Fantastic. Dedicated West Front Players were finally allowed the goodies the hard working BFC coders have added to there otherwise rapidly aging games.

So instead of me having to trash my favorite theatre of war like I did with CMBO, and wait YEARS to return to the WW2 West Front with a New FULL PRICE TITLE, BFC offers to bring my aging games up to date for $10.00 a pop. Or I can just keep playing them the way they are. My choice.

So I did.

If you didn't, fine. But seriously, the ten bucks? Restaurant cost in West LA vs the Mid West? 'I otta get this for free cause I bought a game a few years ago'?

PP, be careful with Slyniper. You don't want to be on his **** list.

The next thing you know you'll walk out your front door and there'll be a guy up in a tree in camos bracketing your head with a Cheytac .408 cal. The spooky part? You'll never see it coming. Here's an alleged photo of SS stalking some poor shlub up in the Redwoods. Can you spot him?

image.jpg

free photo hosting

Yes I see him right there in the front. I AM GROOT!

Well we have a perfect example right here!:eek:

I wonder how many members are going to withdraw from the union of other members and form their own confederation?

"A house divided against itself cannot stand for long" A. Lincoln

"Well it's 1-2-3 what we fighting for? Well I don't give a damn next step is 4.0"

Modified "Country Joe and the Fish" "I-Feel-Like-I'm-Fixin'-To-Die Rag"

Mech.Gato