Upgrade Blues

Having upgraded CMFI to 3.0, I am dismayed to find that no fix was included for the "cannot enter one-story buildings bug" that bedevils (for many computers) both CMFI and CMRT. A patch would have been logical as well, but I cannot see why a fix was not included in the upgrade -- the problem has been known for months. https://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=114405

Now, I don't dare buy the 3.0 upgrade for CMBN, because that is the only CM title that works on my computer and I don't want to do anything that would introduce the bug into that program.

We had fixed the problem for CMRT and CMFI. It is not known to occur in CMBN. However, somehow the fix slipped out of the newest builds in the last week after it was verified. Maddening, but sometimes it happens.

Anyways, we're making a new version of the CMFI Upgrade right now that has the fix properly included. It should be live on the server today. All you'll have to do is redownload the Upgrade and reinstall it to fix the bug (if you have it).

We'll let you know when the fixed installer is live!

The new installer with the bug fix is live. Simply redownload it and reinstall. You'll know if you've gotten the new installer because it "B" added to the end of the file name.

Only people who previously had the one-story building bug as described in the first post need this new installer. Everyone else can continue to use what they're already downloaded with no change.

The new installer with the bug fix is live. Simply redownload it and reinstall. You'll know if you've gotten the new installer because it "B" added to the end of the file name.

This is wonderful news, but unfortunately I can't seem to get it to work. I have twice redownloaded version 3.0 for CMFI but it doesn't show up as version "B" and troops continue to refuse to enter single story buildings.

I removed all mods and disabled my anti-virus before redownloading.

What am I doing wrong? How can I download the updated version of the upgrade? (Sorry, I'm not technically sophisticated).

This is wonderful news, but unfortunately I can't seem to get it to work. I have twice redownloaded version 3.0 for CMFI but it doesn't show up as version "B" and troops continue to refuse to enter single story buildings.

I'll check on this. When you download the file, it doesn't have a "B" at the end of the filename (before the extension)? The filename should be "CMFI v300 Upgrade Setup B.exe". If that's the file you have, please let me know.

Also, I just purchased the 3.0 upgrade for CMBN, and now the "entry bug" appears in CMBN.

Thanks for letting us know. As I mentioned elsewhere, this shouldn't be the case, but we're going to release a version of CMBN containing the entry bug fix ASAP.

I'll check on this. When you download the file, it doesn't have a "B" at the end of the filename (before the extension)? The filename should be "CMFI v300 Upgrade Setup B.exe". If that's the file you have, please let me know.

No, the filename is "CMFI v300 Upgrade Setup.exe." When I redownload, it asks for my license key, I provide it, and then I redownload the file. Each time, it has been "CMFI v300 Upgrade Setup.exe." No "B".

No, the filename is "CMFI v300 Upgrade Setup.exe." When I redownload, it asks for my license key, I provide it, and then I redownload the file. Each time, it has been "CMFI v300 Upgrade Setup.exe." No "B".

Okay - just visit your store account, and re-download from there.

Also, I just purchased the 3.0 upgrade for CMBN, and now the "entry bug" appears in CMBN.

Please do the same for CMBN - we released an updated installer that included the fix for CMBN as well. If you visit your store account and re-download your CMFI and CMBN installers, they should now both include the fix. Let me know if you still have trouble.

Please do the same for CMBN - we released an updated installer that included the fix for CMBN as well. If you visit your store account and re-download your CMFI and CMBN installers, they should now both include the fix. Let me know if you still have trouble.

3041d50e8a.png

Don't seem to be able to acquire it.

• 2 weeks later...

This should be fixed in the latest update - just re-download and you should be good to go. The bug was very similar in CMBN and CMFI, but different from what was fixed in CMRT. Go figure. Let me know how it goes.

This should be fixed in the latest update - just re-download and you should be good to go. The bug was very similar in CMBN and CMFI, but different from what was fixed in CMRT. Go figure. Let me know how it goes.

As reported in another thread, the update has fixed the entry bug in CMFI for me. Thanks Phil, and all who worked on this with you! (Now apply the same fix to CMRT!:))