CM:RT Windows + Mac Installer?

Hi all,

I see that for CM:BN, BFC are releasing new installers that will include installers for both Windows and Mac in the same download. Does anyone know if this will ever be done for CM:RT? I purchased the Mac version but it plays only sub-optimally on my old mid-2010 Unibody Macbook, even with the 8GB of RAM I put in it recently. I do have a Windows desktop in the house but tend not to use it too much nowadays. If they released a Windows/Mac combined installer like for CM:BN I would be able to see how CM:RT plays on my Windows machine without having to buy the game again.

AFAIK you need a license for each. I guess they bundled the installers because the amount of platform independent data is much bigger than the different binaries.

Well that's a pity if true. One of the things I like about Steam is that you buy the game once but can play it on either a Mac or Windows machine as long as you are logged into your Steam account on the machine you want to play it on. I know lots of people don't like Steam but this is a nice feature as it allows you to try the Mac version first and if it doesn't work well you still have the PC version to fall back on.

RT is about 7Gb in total of which are 80M(!)b are binaries (if I'm not mistaken). So the overhead is just above 1% for a combined installer.

The question is more like why they didn't do that earlier?

;)

and for folks with b/w constraints that is a lot. add in the additional modules as they flesh out the family.... That may be less and less a factor as time goes on, but I know folks who run into real issues with this.