Question for Steve

Hi Steve I hope you've had a great Holiday so far as you definitely have earned it.

I read your post on the release date and the uncertainty of it. I like many others have been drooling over the release of this whilst being teased with tasty morsels at TGN headquarters. Don't get me wrong seeing the shots of what some of what we are getting is way kool, but now reading the post on the uncertainty of release, it feels a million miles away. I know that this has been requested but in light of the current situation, I humble ask you to consider the following before we need therapy smile.gif

1. a last good scenario with excellent replay value ( good sized deploys and equipment)to hold us off until you get all this stuff tweaked

2. let us prepays that want it- have the beta the testers are using-- this will be representative of the sale and then just give us the gold when its done - I would be SOOOO happy to play the beta - charge the card thats what its for smile.gif I trust you to get us the full version when its done - there may be reasons for not doing this that I haven't considered but if this order is too big PLEASE consider number 1 again smile.gif

I'M hating to have to pay money for another game to keep me occupied - Id rather Prepay CM2

Thanks for responding

------------------

SS_PanzerLeader....out

Guest Mikeman

Great idea PanzerLeader! Send the latest beta to those who have prepaid and want it, and charge the cards at the same time. They won't do it. I just know there's a good reason they won't do it.

I've been putting off spending any great deal of time on the demo until the game was within weeks of completion. At which time I was going to use the demo for training purposes so I could move right into the full game with some knowledge of how to play well. From reading this forum over the months it appears that the game has changed substantially since the demo came out anyway. With all the tweaks and fixes that have taken place since the demo I don't want to waste any time on it now. The latest beta probably plays quite a bit differently.

Send me Fionn's version and take my money now. Please. I know we're looking at March 1 for the game to hit my front door. (I'm a realist). That would give me plenty of time to get up to speed on the almost final version of the game.

Mikeman out.

Some points to remember:

1) The game engine changes constantly. Letting people have the latest beta (as it is right now) would then open the floodgates for people begging for the NEW latest beta, and so forth.

2) Security: In order to make working with the guts of the game less time consuming that in is, I imagine that not all security functions/encrypting/Dobermans/whatever are in there. Letting people have a beta that hasn't been fully "hack-tested" makes it that much easier to steal the source code.

3) Time it takes: Setting up a current-complete beta for distribution would suck too much time away from the game. The game is probably not in one complete piece; rather, parts are swapped in and out as BTS fiddles with things.

DjB

Doug

1 .I expect the game to not be completed that is why its a beta smile.gif Also if it was in a complete stage theyd be shipping it and I wouldnt be requesting this smile.gif

2. Also I am only asking for the same thing the other BETA TESTERS have no more no less.

As far as the source code goes I dont see it being any more penetrable than it is in the demo but maybe im wrong here.

3. if someone is intending on hacking the code it isnt gonna matter they will do it NO MATTER what! If you think that wont happen you are mistaken :-P Im hoping that those kind of low-lifes that would hack into a game to cheat, wont show up here cause I hate cheaters.

4. as far as distribution I really dont think this will be as big of a dilema as u perceive - especially when they can go ahead an charge the cards to those approving smile.gif i dont see being a whole flood of people making extra work most will probably want to wait for the gold but i may be wrong here too. if it does take a day or so - if we are looking at three months does it really matter?

4. lets let Steve address this question as that is who I posed it too smile.gif rather than everyone speaking for BTS

5. If BTS does say no to my second request lets hope they approve the fiorst because it looks like we may be in for a long wait

[This message has been edited by SS_PanzerLeader (edited 12-27-99).]

Guest Mikeman

I'm afraid, PanzerLeader, that Mr. Beman may have touched on those good reasons I knew existed for BTS not to grant our request. We can still hope though as we haven't heard from them yet, and it is still a good idea from my point of view.

Mikeman out.

I'm not so sure those reasons are valid but they mayhave others we are unaware of- in any case I'd like to hear it straight from the horses mouth so to speak smile.gif

If those were valid reasons -fine or if others thats fine too but its just a request and a very hopeful one at that. Yet if this doesnt go through Im hoping that at least they will grant us a new scenario as the waiting is driving me mad -there are only so many wayts to play the scenarios we got :-P I think ive tried them all and a few extremely unconventional approaches at that. I really hate having to buy more coasters for the living room and buying any other games is pretty much adding to the great supply I already have :-(

------------------

SS_PanzerLeader....out

Guest Big Time Software

Sorry, but no to the beta release. You guys have NO idea what that would entail. Probably stop development COLD for about 1 week and keep it spotty for another 2. Nope, sorry, you are just going to have to wait for it to get done. Just be thankfull we didn't hold off on the demo until after we went Gold like we originally had planned smile.gif

Steve