[WIP] modding CMSF into HD

I was able to load Ramadi Government Center FULL map in CMSF Mac Bundle in 10.9.1. Great looking and detailed map of Ramadi, Iraq's urban core. I mucked around in the editor some of my own small Company level infantry only setups vs AI. Lots of fun using only a portion of this impressive urban map.

2/14 Apple borked OpenGL in 10.9.2 so now I have the 36% hang issue till Apple comes out with 10.10 maybe?

I suspect CMBS could be ready by then:D

Sand colored mods I have:

T-72 + variants

M114 gun truck (Humvee)

UAZ

BMP2

I also have many other NATO nationality vehicles in sand (Brit, Canadian, German, Dutch...) that could pass for the mishmash that is ISIS vehicle inventory - esp Canadian: Nyala, Coyote, gwagon...

There's a bunch more mods in the SYROPE and EUROSCAPE full conversion mods, but those are all in brz files and I imagine would be green.

I am surprised that there are not default sand colored T-55 and BMP1's etc in the vanilla CMSF. Have you checked those brz files?

From what i've seen the sand colored armor they have is former IA stuff. They do have lots of armor now that belonged to the SAA and other jihadi groups. I doubt theres anything sand colored outside of what Erwin listed so your best bet probably is use the plain green stuff and make something similar to these. They were captured at one of the airbases in Syria recently.

453288-008_zpsdaeaa536.jpg~original

59_zps45d8f73c.jpg~original

63_zps91082a87.jpg~original

61_zps3c055903.jpg~original

62_zpsd17d8553.jpg~original

You see this scheme a lot on armor trucks and artillery in Syria. tan/reddish blotches or squiggly lines on the base green coat and a ton of dust.

Thanks for the pictures.

I have already modded a bit the T-55, which I thought would fit a campaign setting. Dust seems to be prevalent, maybe I can try to dust a lot the green stuff.

This is a list of ready to go vehicles for IS with IS markings and/or weathering done:

-taxi

-pickup in all versions

-UAZ

-ZIL truck

-BMP-1

-T-55 mod 74

I belive these should be enough for an IS campaign. Considering the assets in CMSF, the T-62 I saw in some IS videos, but nothing else for sure, maybe an older T-72. They also got captured hummvees, but I'd need them to equip the iraqis, so I'd avoid them. So, going onto the Iraqi army against IS, I'd go with this list for now:

-M1114 in all versions

-BRDM-2

-BTR-60

I though these two could be a good matchup against the many technicals IS will have, because otherwise it's only hummers. Ok I know that iraqis have the M1 tank and T-72 donated from poland, but if I put a platoon of those on the field they will just eliminate anything on the IS side, and considering the IS is on the offense I'd put in more balanced equipments. Sure, the T-55 could be a dealbreaker, but in the end there's a reason IS has gone so deept in iraqi territory. Either iraqi army wasn't able to face the first infiltrations/invasion with its best forces or they just couldn't get in touch with the enemy. In any case I'd like to make a balanced campaign (or scenario collection), otherwise it's the already seen asymmetric fight with i.e.d.s, ambushes and such. I figure an IS campaign such as a full speed assault with little tactical rules but to overwhelm an unprepared and surprised enemy, with both sides equipped with a mix of light weapons mainly.

T

Either iraqi army wasn't able to face the first infiltrations/invasion with its best forces or they just couldn't get in touch with the enemy. In any case I'd like to make a balanced campaign (or scenario collection), otherwise it's the already seen asymmetric fight with i.e.d.s, ambushes and such. I figure an IS campaign such as a full speed assault with little tactical rules but to overwhelm an unprepared and surprised enemy, with both sides equipped with a mix of light weapons mainly.

Well what the IA is doing now in several cities is basically trying to root these rats out in urban warfare (and not having much luck). You could use that for inspiration and make something where basically you're IA mounting a offensive with whatever they've got and making IS beat a slow tactical withdraw from village to village.

Looking good Safe!

I tried to make a larger variety of textures for the pickups, but the problem is that the game mixes them, so it's possible to make small variations between additional sets, such as adding a different insigna or some details, but you can't have very different vehicles because they start to look odd. I also tried to remove the tarpaulin from the zil trucks, but some artifact still showed so I discarded the idea. ("modern" CM titles have different layouts for the trucks, with and without tarpaulins)

Anyway I've sent the plain softskin files to repository, they should fit the generic CMSF setting.

Anyway I've sent the plain softskin files to repository, they should fit the generic CMSF setting.

Again thanks for taking your time to do this Kieme, you sparked my interest in CMSF again and helped BFC sell another copy :D

Heres some more progress on the ISIS fighter boots and the slit on the mask is pretty blurry though.

CMShockForce2014-09-0315-38-54-46_zpsdacb1b47.jpg~original

Slightly better "face"

CMShockForce2014-09-0316-02-17-62_zps08c8b174.jpg~original