New 1939 Storm over Europe AAR!

Hi

HvS has started a new After Action Report using our latest patch 1.05 for WWI Breakthrough!

It's over on the si-games forum, and this one is a Multiplayer one against another player.

If you don't understand German it's still possible to follow the action as there will be multiple images uploaded, so check back to see how the war progresses!

http://www.si-games.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27305&page=4

Bill

3ttv.png

The AAR is already in Turn 47... a lot has happened already.

b6b51e.png

Preparations for Barbarossa are done, the start will be on the 6th of June 1941

42403e.png

The Romanian Army will be more powerful with German Tanks and an experienced Tank Commander... General Rommel.

ef1a60.png

In Libya, Italian Forces draw back. I did not find the time to deploy an Africa Corps, so Libya will be lost in 1941.

Apparently... Larissa being located behind a river and the English carriers which consequently disbale my Panzerkorps are not really historical.

I will give you detailed feedback once the AAR is over.. but I can already say: the damage a carrier does against tanks is way too high... esp. given the fact that a carrier has around 100 planes, and an Air Fleet maybe 500... the carrier does more damage and can attack twice.

7th of August 1942

UWXQ2K.png

Army Group North destroys the defenders of Leningrad, and Finnish troops capture the northern part of the City.

lzOIEm.png

Army Group Center receives Infantry Weapons 3 and Long Range Aircraft 1. This raises the Land Spotting of my Fighters to 6 tiles.

oZCljo.png

Another Soviet Army is destroyed, and the front in the south is stabilized.

d9JWBg.png

The Carrier Ark Royal ist heavily damaged and needs to be repaired... and this will take 4-5 turns.

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately we had to restart the match.. due to some wrong decisions and a DoW by Russia the game was no longer playable, because the balance of power was clearly in favor of the Allies. Don't get me wrong: there is no bug or something else, but once the Axis does a mistake or has a bad stroke of luck early in the game, the match is lost. I did a mistake in Norway early in the game, and the Russan DoW on Germany broke my spine, because I was not able to destroy the Russian Alert Units on Low Supply.. and a really bad stroke of bad luck occured.

So me and my opponent did a restart. Poland, BeNeLux and France went fine.. Case Yellow ended in late June 1940, and I had plenty of MPP by that time... and I bought two Carriers for Germany.

The UK invaded Norway in late 1941, but I was prepared. It did a massive build up of Luftwaffe units in Denmark, and in May 1942 I was able to surprise the Royal Navy.

oWKnps.png

Three British Carriers destroyed, no unit lost. So the Royal Navy had to leave the Skaggerak.

zZEMi3.png

In July 1942, Army Group Center is approaching Moscow.

3vRjbu.png

In August 1942, the Tank Battle of Moscow occured, and the Red Army lost three Tank Groups while the Wehrmacht just lost one in a counter offensive.

fD3h2G.png

In the North, Soviet Force try to remove Finland from the war.. it is not yet clear, wether they will succeed or not.

@ Bill: indeed.. at least in comparison to the previous match.

4th of May 1943

gPY6Zr.png

American Forces have invaded Spain. I have transfered Wehrmacht units which were supposed to retake Norway.. let us call them Legion Condor. It is possible the my opponent has not yet seen my troops.. and if he attacks my center, I can mount a severe attack into his left flank.

QpXO62.png

Leningrad is close to fall.. the Red Army is suffering heavy losses.

YMbWkq.png

Army Group South is approaching Stalingrad. Another 3 Tank Groups will arrive in my next turn.. they were busy around Tambov, where they destroyed 4 Russian units on Low Supply... including a HQ.

xMyWqn.png

British Forces have attacked Tunesia, and the Italians come to help them. This will get very exciting.. I have gathered the complete Regia Marina including the new Carrier.

27th of August 1943

RPBBMo.png

The Allied Forces in Spain did not attack yet.. so far, so good.

7INXtp.png

After almost half a year, I have lost Tunis. My operation there was a small success.. it took the Allies a lot of time and MPPs to conquer this relatively small country, and I was able to destroy a Tac Bomber.

1XyxgB.png

In the north, Finnish forces attack Sortavala, and I expect to conquer the town later this year.

Army Group North is marching for Tikhvin, and they will also capture it this year. The rail connection to the north is already cut off.

During the sommer, there was a Russian attack on Moscow, but it failed.. the Red Army lost 2 Tank Groups and 4 units of infantry untilthe remaining forces withdrew. Germany lost one army on high supply.

26bMSu.png

And my forces have taken Stalingrad. My NM is at 108%, the Soviets have 64%.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Philippe,

sorry for my late answer. Thanks for you kind words. I need to mention that this thread is just a reduced version of the complete AAR. The full version is found here:

http://www.si-games.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27305&page=4

And as acrashb said: I use imageshack. They want 20 Dollars per year.. but I think they are worth it. Currently I have 3879 pictures in my account.. all were used for AARs.

10th of September 1943

Spain is still quiet... not much happening there.

Rdf3eD.png

I am preparing an Airborne Assault on Norway. First I need to destroy the British fighter in Porsgrunn.

I want to have a base in southwestern Norway for my Luftwaffe units.

aVIvck.png

General Bock has taken the strategically important city of Tikhvin. This means the rail link to the north is cut off.

67y5QT.png

The remaining Russian forces around Stalingrad are in a messy situation.. Supply Zero and no hope.

QNW80K.png

The Romanians continue their march to Grosny.