Why separate O0Bs for scenarios and QBs?

I'm in the process of creating a database that will include all of the units featured in CMRT, and will allow players to create units, and track the units' battles, casualties, etc. in meta-campaigns.

One question: can someone explain why there seem to be separate OOBs for scenarios and quick battles? For instance, some units have been left out of the QB OOB--even if the omissions were inadvertent, I'm just curious why the devs didn't just use the same OOB for scenarios and QBs?

Currently I'm thinking that this database will only cover the scenario OOB, but before I decide I would like to understand why there is a difference?

One difference I think I've seen (though I could be confused) is that the "Infantry only" options in QB picks really are leg infantry and things that can be pushed or carried. No jeeps or trucks even. Not so in Scenarios, where some formations even have things like assault guns, which were part of the historical OOB of an "Infantry Battalion", but which are excluded from the "Infantry Only" OOB for QBs because using the historical OOB would have "unexpected armour" showing up, and, gamey bastidges that we (collectively) are, those infantry formations which have organic armour would be the only ones picked from.

That kinda makes sense, although if that is the logic, it seems to be applied inconsistently--for instance, I just checked the Soviet Tank Regiment, which has a company of tankodesantniki (ie, infantry), and they appear even if you select an "Armor Only" QB. Although maybe "Armor Only" is a bit softer than "Infantry Only"?

The crews are generally men... I just mean it makes sense to be more strict about it to exclude all motorized machines for infantry only but to allow some armed men for armour only. The tankdesantiki arn't an infantry force, you cant pick those in armour only, they are part of the men of the armoured force. You cant have the machines without the men. And tankdesantniki were kind of part of the crew, they just had a big crew and not all of them knew how to work a tank but they were a fighting unit.

You cant have the machines without the men. And tankdesantniki were kind of part of the crew, they just had a big crew and not all of them knew how to work a tank but they were a fighting unit.

Tankdesantniki weren't part of the crew, they were organic infantry, and you can certainly have tanks without tankodesantniki--for instance, if you buy a Cavalry Tank Regiment or any Tank Battalion, there are no tankodesantniki.

QB Attacking forces don't need nor want AT guns or other primarily stationary type weapons. It is imperative that QB have their own OOB especially when Auto select is used.

Is this something that's been brought in under RT? I just went and looked at the OOBs in BN-CW-MG, and at least some of them (the German Motorised PzGr Bttn) have their AT Platoons, even in "Infantry Only", while selecting for the attacker. The Suggestions button doesn't ever seem to pick those, but they're available. And in large, long fights, that's as it should be: ATG can be useful to defend a VL from counterattack by armour, so a human that has a chance of using them right should have the option of picking them.