WSAD camera

Squallion just saw your post in CMRT. I can think of 3 things. 1 is patch to the latest level, earlier versions of CMSF are buggy and camera movement indeed wasn't smooth from my own experience. 2 is tune down graphics settings, SF is still somewhat graphics intensive with highest model quality setting, if your puter ain't up to the task it could simply be low fps playing the bad trick. 3 is well, try to get used to it as the camera control is indeed different from other games (but ofc if it feels ok in CMRT then this one doesn't count..)

Squallion just saw your post in CMRT. I can think of 3 things. 1 is patch to the latest level, earlier versions of CMSF are buggy and camera movement indeed wasn't smooth from my own experience. 2 is tune down graphics settings, SF is still somewhat graphics intensive with highest model quality setting, if your puter ain't up to the task it could simply be low fps playing the bad trick. 3 is well, try to get used to it as the camera control is indeed different from other games (but ofc if it feels ok in CMRT then this one doesn't count..)

My PC is great, I run CMSF at 60fps. The camera moves smoothly in stints. The main problem is that it stops randomly. CMRT camera is as smooth as smooth comes.

You may be moving or left your mouse pointer near the opposite edge of the screen from the direction you are using your keys to move the screen.

You can see what I mean. Move one direction with the keys and while doing so, move your mouse pointer to the opposite edge of the screen from the direction of movement. You will notice that the screen movement will get choppy and start to stutter and then outright stall when the mouse pointer reaches the screen edge.

It may be that moving the mouse pointer while scrolling the screen may be the problem you are having.