Burned out masonry house mod [WIP]

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, made a pot of coffee. BAC is zero and I have hours to finish this mod.

One trip-up I have now. When I ctrl-left click twice on one wall of my building I get the desired image with door and windows removed. The opposite wall which also has door and windows, if I ctrl-left click twice on it, when viewed from inside the house, now vanishes entirely. I tried to add an alpha layer to the wall image but it didn't seem to work. I will try again later.

shot88_zps8376c9b2.jpg

shot89_zpsa478367d.jpg

shot90_zps41b38f4c.jpg

I will go in and burn up those fallen timbers a bit.

I want to finish this mini-mod this morning and get back to working on the scenario.

Edit: OK, I colored them a bit darker.

This kind of half-a$$ attitude clearly separates me from the greats. Maybe, just maybe if I could get the windows to disappear but not the whole wall, I would have done some other things with this mod.

shot91_zps68d1bcca.jpg

I saw Kieme's modular building mod (multa bella! mille grazie) and decided to add broken glass into the windows.

shot94_zpsbce72f82.jpg

But the door should be gone, right? So, I noticed in the channels tab that it had an alpha channel in there. One of my edits from before? So, I tweaked it a bit.

Then it behaved oddly in a way that I wanted...

shot95_zps11431919.jpg

And even odder it showed just the empty doorway, not the entire wall is gone like usually, but sadly it was intermittent...not sure why.

shot96_zps34aa7204.jpg

• 6 years later...
  • 2 months later...