Just bought the game: Need some nice Mods!!

Hi all,

After a long spell away from Battlefront games I finally bought CM:RT for my macbook yesterday. Now I want to make it as nice looking as possible. First of all, can I use mods with the macbook version, and if so, how? Secondly, assuming the answer to the first question is yes, can you recommend some mods? I am interested in better weapon sounds, "ragtag" uniforms and grubby-looking vehicles. Thanks in advance.

Well... Go to http://cmmods.greenasjade.net/

First, download anything from Aristotoles.

After that, download anything you like by Kieme (he fills alot of the "holes" left by Aris)

Then download the three major soundmods (my soundmods, waclaws soundmods and Jorge MC I believe). Try them out separately and find the one you like the most.

Then after that, pick and choose replacements for the sounds you don't like (since you are bound to have different tastes than the author).

After that, you just browse the mods by author and see if you find some more mods that suit you.

EDIT: Oh and JuJu's UI mod is a must-have!

Not quite.

It seems there are some sound mods that won't work that well.

Waclaw has a mac version of his sound mod and my sound mod is supposed to work with a Mac (I've had no complaints so far)

Thanks Oddball. I did try your sound mod and whilst most of it was fine, there was one weapon for which no firing sound was played. It was a soviet LMG.

I have installed Juju's UI mod and will keep that one in I think as it does seem to be an improvement on the UI that comes with the game.

I am tempted by Aristotle's mods but wish there was a "German Vehicles Pack" and "Soviet Vehicles Pack" so that I would not have to download lots of individual files.

I had no luck finding Waclaw's mods either in the Repository or GreenAsJade Mod Warehouse.

Vein's effects (love the smoke and hit decals!) and uniforms (WOW!) are superb as well. Be sure to check those out.

My copy of RT is stocked with all the wonderful work by Aris, Vein, Kieme, JuJu, Tanksalot, Waclaw, Oddball_8, Ben Park, and perhaps a few more and...MAN, is it great!

I loaded up Iron Front Liberation 1944 for the first time in a long time this weekend and found modded CMRT to actually look and sound better in most ways. I also missed the hit decals big time when playing it.

The only thing that stands out as better in IFL1944 is the fluidity of frame rate and soldier movement.

Thank you, modders! You guys are tops. And of course, thanks BF, for continuing to make CM better and better. I can't wait to get the upgrade for CMBN!

Thanks Oddball. I did try your sound mod and whilst most of it was fine, there was one weapon for which no firing sound was played. It was a soviet LMG.

I have installed Juju's UI mod and will keep that one in I think as it does seem to be an improvement on the UI that comes with the game.

I am tempted by Aristotle's mods but wish there was a "German Vehicles Pack" and "Soviet Vehicles Pack" so that I would not have to download lots of individual files.

I had no luck finding Waclaw's mods either in the Repository or GreenAsJade Mod Warehouse.

Hmm... that's odd. As far as I know, the only thing you need to do to make the sounds "mac compatible" is to make sure it's 44.1 kHz, 16 bit and mono.

And all of my soundfiles are that :(

Oh well, replace it with something else and see if it works. I'll be releasing an update soon for my soundmods and it includes a new LMG sound for the russians.

Waclaw doesn't use his forum name on cmmods for some reason, calling himself manolito instead (just like Aris, who goes by Fuzer on the forums), but his mods are here: http://cmmods.greenasjade.net/mods?author_id=437&game_type=7

As for Aristotoles' mods... I'll just say that they are worth the effort to download...

Vein's effects (love the smoke and hit decals!) and uniforms (WOW!) are superb as well. Be sure to check those out.

My copy of RT is stocked with all the wonderful work by Aris, Vein, Kieme, JuJu, Tanksalot, Waclaw, Oddball_8, Ben Park, and perhaps a few more and...MAN, is it great!

I loaded up Iron Front Liberation 1944 for the first time in a long time this weekend and found modded CMRT to actually look and sound better in most ways. I also missed the hit decals big time when playing it.

The only thing that stands out as better in IFL1944 is the fluidity of frame rate and soldier movement.

Thank you, modders! You guys are tops. And of course, thanks BF, for continuing to make CM better and better. I can't wait to get the upgrade for CMBN!

Just out of curiosity, which parts of mine and waclaws mods do you use?

I'm always interested in which parts people pick and choose from. :)

Just out of curiosity, which parts of mine and waclaws mods do you use?

I'm always interested in which parts people pick and choose from. :)

The screams, man...the screams. He-he.

Not to sound like a sick puppy, but I find they add realism and immersion and well, are pretty satisfying (also good for knowing when you got someone when the red crosses don't show up).

IIRC, there were some issues with the vehicle and arty sounds, so I use waclaw's versions of those. I can't remember whose weapon zip sounds I use.

I actually use stock small arms/mg sounds, as I don't like a lot of reverb and sound mods tend to dial that up too much for my taste.