New Scenario: Operation Ladbroke

I'm pleased to announce the release of my first scenario Operation Ladbroke. This small scenario for CMFI (Gustav Line required) depicts the battle between the British 1st Airlanding (glider) Battalion and Italian Coastal Division at Ponte Grande Bridge on 9 July, the night before the Allied amphibious landings in Sicily. It is playable as either side or head-to-head.

It is available for download at The Few Good Men website. You can download it from this page. It is the last scenario listed.

Lt. Smash,

Thanks. I downloaded and played. Short, sweet and to the point. A nice small battle you can finish in an evening. Took me 2 tries.

I suffered friendly fire casualties. Never seen this before, but I lost a soldier when a friendly smoke round landed directly on him!

Thanks. BTW: I noticed there are also 20+ CMBN scenarios listed for d/l on TFGM site, but when I click on it, I get a blank screen.

Hmmmm those scenarios should download fine. Here is a walk through.

On the homepage www.thefewgoodmen.com click downloads button from top tab.

Screenshot2014-06-13124401_zpsfcce7547.png

Then click on the scenarios button within the CMBN box.

Screenshot2014-06-13124434_zps4ba17917.png

This should open a page with a list of all the scenarios for CMBN.

Screenshot2014-06-13124512_zps0ce99cd1.png

Click on details for an overview and download to download the file.

Screenshot2014-06-13124545_zps26a06a6a.png

I'm pleased to announce the release of my first scenario Operation Ladbroke. This small scenario for CMFI (Gustav Line required) depicts the battle between the British 1st Airlanding (glider) Battalion and Italian Coastal Division at Ponte Grande Bridge on 9 July, the night before the Allied amphibious landings in Sicily. It is playable as either side or head-to-head.

It is available for download at The Few Good Men website. You can download it from this page. It is the last scenario listed.

Great stuff, many thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

I find small battles enjoyable especially played RT w/o pauses. I almost ran out of time but got the T.V. with one killed one wounded. I read the historical note after my battle. “Lieutenant Withers, divided his men into two groups, one of which swam across the river and took up position on the opposite bank.” I only had one group swim across but it worked well in my effort.

Have not tried taking on Lieutenant Withers as Italians bout will give it a go.

Thank you Lt. Smash.

Operation Ladbroke Elite RT vs AI.

Italian T.V.

Italian 4 Killed, 5 Wounded.

British 15 Killed, 7 Wounded.

Enjoyable to defend Lieutenant Withers attack.

Had to move guys about to cover the attack approaches but it all worked out.

Thank you Lt. Smash.

Just finished this one as the British, and I scored a Major Victory, playing turn-based on Iron Mode.

***SPOILERS***

The armored car showing up nearly ruined my attack, but thankfully my men held together and were able to take it out. Casualties were high, but at mission's end I had occupied both objectives and taken out the pillbox.

My only critique is I feel the Italians are at too high of a skill level. I know this mission is supposed to be playable and winnable from both sides, but with so many Italian troops - who are supposed to be low-grade coastal infantry - at the Veteran skill level, it made me grit my teeth at times with how they stood up to enemy fire and were able to land so many shots over and over. Leveling the Italian AI out at no more than Regular would probably have been better.

• 4 years later...

Had a very enjoyable time @Lt. Smash , thank you.

ec305758e31df77348526b4072dc8c7b.png

Spoiler below (highlight to see)

The AC it spinned on itself for a good four minutes on the River bridge then it got stuck, I had to put en end to its misery. May I suggest some presence in the houses and or some foot patrol? I had a quite easy time flanking them.