Very educational

Finished the Chance Encounter scenario against Goanna tonight. We traded passwords afterwards so we could see the movies from the other side. Understand, that I was already extremely impressed with this game... it just went up a notch smile.gif I wrote an AAR before watching the movies from his point of view... FOW works. I noticed several cases of where I had over or underestimated his forces... hell, he even got troops behind me without me noticing (Ok, that one probable has to do with my never watching a movie twice or "rewinding"). I highly recommend watching your opponents movies if you get a chance. You'll get more out of it if you write a short AAR first, and then compare what you wrote with what happened.

------------------

---

Dan Brown

dbrown@owc.net

Guest Big Time Software

You have hit on one of the best aspects of CM. When Martin and Fionn played their first (and the second, public) game against each other they sent me "reports". Thankfully the Internet does not have live audio attached to people's computers because they would have wondered why I was laughing my ass off so much smile.gif When the game was over there was quite a number of emails sent back and forth pointing out the funny incidents where the reports and reality were really off the mark!

Steve

I also urge players to trade passwords with their opponents after the game. Was very educational in my very first PBEM game. My opponent was surprised at how little information I had and how good my guesses on his troop locations were. (Some were just blind luck)

Jason