To Be or Not To Be that is the Question

I'm struggling with the CW forces in my h2h games. I'm coming to the conclusion that I should not break them down so they will have enough firepower to be effective against the Hun, but I also worry that they become very vulnerable if not broken down.

I've always heard the Lee Enfield has the smoothest bolt action when it comes to bolt action rifles, but without more automatic firepower I find them a bit anemic.

It would be nice if they could acquire the Brens on the carriers.

I have had some success in h2h play with CW by keeping the rifle squads and platoons in tight formation and resorting to superior firepower techiques = area fire continuously with every single dude in whole companies and every sinle tank and heavy weapon you can get your hands on. Good thing with brits is that the lee enfields and brens are pretty carefree to area fire. They produce decent supression and consume relatively little ammo (other than the sten gun ofc, wich is why I prefer to keep the supressing infantry at range so that the smg dudes wont empty their mags.). While other nationalities can produce much more firepower with fewer squads, the CW infantry can keep up a sustained fire much longer. They do however often still need tanks for any serious action in my opinion as they lack the actual killing power and they are terrible exposed to enemy artillery if bunched up.

But like martyr said, it does not matter that much if you break down them squads because there will be no loss of firepower.

Oh and whenever the bren guy gets shot, remember to loot back the bren. I have had teams with 3 or 4 brens looted up and blasting away for almost a platoons worth of firepower :) There are additional brens in some support and hq teams (IIRC) so always remember to look out for them for extra bit of firepower.

Oh and never underestimate the killing power of a bolt action rifle in RL or in CM. I have had multiple situations where single 2 man scout team with bolt action rifles has annihilated whole squads of enemy infantry in close combat. :D

Oh and never underestimate the killing power of a bolt action rifle in RL or in CM. I have had multiple situations where single 2 man scout team with bolt action rifles has annihilated whole squads of enemy infantry in close combat. :D

Yeah, if you can get them close enough, they are deadly. I had 1 single rifle guy sneak up into a house, and then discovered a half squad literally just outside. In a matter of seconds he shot them all 5 of them down.

Yeah, if you can get them close enough, they are deadly. I had 1 single rifle guy sneak up into a house, and then discovered a half squad literally just outside. In a matter of seconds he shot them all 5 of them down.

I have also seen strange things happen in CM, but mostly due to game limitation reasons...In RL, you might get 1 or 2 hits, but the others would have fled or take cover outside the house and thus ouside your view or arc.

Joe