Why no defender QB point adjustment?

This is a feature request pertaining to quick battles for future versions of all CM2 games.

Why does the software only allow the users to adjust the Attacker's points up or down? Why can't the Defender's points be adjusted up or down in the same manner?

Since CMBN was first released, I've always thought this was strange.

It came to mind again recently when my club was discussing Huge quick battles. If you want, for instance, a 20,000 point Probe QB, there is no way to achieve this other than going through many convolutions in the QB and Scenario editor, and having a lot of trust in your opponent not to look at your force selection.

How much easier would this be if we as players were able to adjust both the Attacker and Defenders QB point up or down via the QB interface? The obvious answer is much easier.

How could this be difficult to implement? The code is already in place to allow points adjustments to the Attacker's force selection. Simply implement it for the Defender as well.

Win.

I think the reason is simple. It is there to provide support for handicapping. In other words, to allow a more experienced player to be given a penalty or a less experienced player a boost. To do that you really only need one side to be adjustable.

Clearly what you want is to be able to create a custom point battle. Now that is a feature I would love to see too. It would be great if Custom was an additional size that would offer the user a UI that allowed them to specify the points allocation for both sides. Then the game would have simple choices that are easy to understand plus something for us crazy people who want to step off the path a bit.

...Clearly what you want is to be able to create a custom point battle. Now that is a feature I would love to see too. It would be great if Custom was an additional size that would offer the user a UI that allowed them to specify the points allocation for both sides. Then the game would have simple choices that are easy to understand plus something for us crazy people who want to step off the path a bit.

This idea is seconded by me.

CM2 really shines in large engagements if you're happy to put in the time, but the 12000 point CMBN battle I've played was a bit of a schlep to get going.

All the paperwork and so forth that's necessary to work out 12000 points in the QB editor and then redo all that in the scenario editor, not to mention the passing of the map back and forth before you can start is likely to put many people off who may otherwise not balk at the size.

Yes, you are correct, ian.leslie as well as Baneman. That is exactly what I would like to see. And it should not be difficult at all to implement, from a coding perspective. The game engine already allows the attacker to adjust QB points up or down. How hard would it be to allow the defender to do the same?