the anti usa diplomacy strategy

I am in a ladder game and the strategy of the Axis whacking the usa with diplomacy is being used against me. Absolutely my opponent's right to do so. But I also believe this is game breaking. It is January 1940 and the USA received EIGHT mpps. Eight. It is hard enough to beat the Axis with a normal USA. I see no chance now with this hit. And yes I understand the UK can do countering diplomacy. But I think we all know the kind of enormous pressures the UK economy comes under as it stands alone.

I bring this up to voice my vote that this is a game breaking move and it should fixed. Secondly I consider playing games as the Allies against this strategy to be a futile exercise. While I will play this one out I'm really thinking hard whether there is a point to continue more ladder games till this is changed.

I suppose this whining could just be my non expert play. So therefore I ask the following. Has ANYONE had success with allies against this strategy. I am not asking here about theory of how to deal with. I am asking if in practice has anyone been able to stop this strategy (presuming an experienced opponent)

I have played against the strategy twice and have lost twice. I think I lost both games overall from inexperience, (playing the champ of the ladder to date), but I am not sure there is a good counter to the strategy where the allies could get a point on the ladder. The allies are so starved for resources that a good axis player should be able to knock out China, take the Middle East, and take out Russia before the allies can turn the tide of resources.

I would also like to hear from anyone who has been able to defeat this axis strategy.

I also think that something should be done to change the diplomatic warfare in this game. The USA for one should be able to use diplomacy before they enter the war. Germany also used diplomacy a lot before and in the war but this game makes it hard for an axis player to divert resources from the war to diplomacy.

OK this is embarassing. I think maybe the strategy is not being used against me yet ;-() my 8 mpp was due to usa having to start mpps to china.

So I still have the same view about the game breaking nature of the anti usa via diplomacy but I think my opponent is not actually doing this.

Doh.

Clausewitz used that strategy against me and may be the inventor. It was new to me that time so I did not care much about the first hit. After a second hit income was very bad for the US. I did win the game nevertheless due to heavy German losses in USSR later in the game.

I tried the same against Strategiclayabout sometime later and he seems to know this already. Result was both sides burned 750/600 mpps with one hit which did basically not change much.

So I guess ignoring more than on chit on a major as allies does hurt heavyly but the allies can always invest to prevent this. This will slow down the UK but put Japan in a weak position against the US.

So it's not just spend some diplomacy chits as axis and you're done.

Even if the axis get one diplomacy hit, it sets the allies back about 6 months in MPPs at least. I think the easy fix is to increase US mobilization per turn in 1941. I think someone mentioned this is suppose to happen, but I did not see that happen in the games that I have played.