Major Diplomacy

Playing a game right now against an opponent and have a really good allied start. However my opponent has purchased diplomacy the last 3 turns with Japan against the US and hit 2 of the last 3 turns.

#1 - this is very lucky

#2 - it perhaps ruins the game

#3 - very unrealistic that unless Japan pulled out of China that any improvement in US relations would ever happen.

I have never been a fan of diplomacy, but with majors it's a game killer as it based on industrial output and nothing realistic as in current affairs and political standing. And in this regard the allies have no chance at all to compete.

I am aware of thread and aware of the possible counter, my perspective this should not be allowed for majors.

UK can counter if lucky 1 per turn, whereas axis can 2-3 if they want. You can say France/China can but can they really with their situation and MPP, and even at that they get 3%.

From a realistic approach and I am not formal believer in realistic conditions it would never happen. Unless Germany went to their original borders pre 39 or Japan withdrew from China the US and for that matter Russia would always look at Germany, Japan as a threat. Geopolitcs come into play more so than any unrealistic MPP value given to each country for the reason to give a more realistic equal scenario of the war leading up to 41. But this is my opinion and you have yours.