RT looks great

Been watching for the RT demo for two weeks. Caught it about an hour ago and after just playing for about 15 min it looks terrific.

I've been away from CMBN etc for several months so I started working with that again two weeks ago. I'm getting pretty old and this brain doesn't remember a lot. Anyway look forward to getting into RT.

Thanks BF for the demo. I'm sure I'll be buying this shortly.

With this old memory though I've got my work cut out. Example in CMBN I took some fellas off of a jeep too early. I tried and bunch of icon solos and combinations and never could find a way to get them back in the jeep. : ) Going to have to restudy the manuals.

Anyway...the demo has a great look to it.

Hey, skunkle my friend. Good to see you here again. I'll probably end up getting CMRT myself. Over the last few months I've finally been able to make tiny progress in playing CMBN (in game engine version 2.0), having good fun with it but I'm still in the late stages of using training wheels. Wish I had the health and stamina to play it more often. When I can it's completely immersive. It's probably the only thing I can do for four or five hours or more.

I like the idea many of the game enhancements available in version 3.0, particularly Command Lines and Tank Riders.

Tough luck your White Sox losing Jose Abreu.

Something new is in the demo that's not in the game! If you go to Options at the bottom there's an 'advanced' button. That gives you two options, high or low rez trees and shaders toggled on or off. I suppose to facilitate playing really big wooded maps. We might be getting a preview of changes coming in the eventual v1.01 patch.

** SPOILER ALERT **

Just played the demo's small scenario Tankovia Desant (Veteran level) as the Germans defending the bridge. I'd previously seen ChrisND's video AAR of this scenario with him playing as the attacking Russians.

My only changes to the opening setup: I moved the TRP's and the Teller mines in hopes of a delivering a devastating mortar attack on tanks and troops collected at the choke point entering the open approaches to the bridge and the river. I also moved the Stugs to what I thought were more advantageous positions with Target Armor Arcs covering those approaches and the choke point area.

Despite the fact that in my haste I completely failed to set up an HQ team to order the mortar strikes (which, then, never materialized), a single Stug destroyed every enemy tank along their two attack axes, one through the choke point and one on a flank. (The Teller mines did take out one Russian T-34.)

With no tank support no enemy troops even made it to the bridge, and my troops suffered not a single casualty except the small screening force in the buildings near the choke point.

That Stug crew deserved a medal! I had fully expected to have to start the game over again because of my blunder with the mortar attack.

Man DaddyO you did a good job in that battle! I'll take notes and give that a try when I can. My pc has been acting up and I'm getting a few crashes. Yuk.

I've enjoyed replaying some live games on DMB with the 2014 projection but mostly still

doing old replays of World Series matches...usually with 59 WSox.

This years WSox have had their moments. Abreu injury hurts...he was one of the few

bright spots.

Even my Cardinals are struggling.

Oh well...59 and 2005 WSox are great. : )

Hope your are feeling some better and improving. Take good care. Forgot you were into CM.

Man DaddyO you did a good job in that battle! I'll take notes and give that a try when I can. My pc has been acting up and I'm getting a few crashes. Yuk.

Sorry to read about your PC. Re: how I did, I was as surprised as could be given my blunder. I'm not as good as what the outcome of this battle showed. In fact I suspect that the attack plan for the Russians depended on their tanks taking out a couple of my Stugs without losing too many T-34's. Once the Russian tanks were gone, that was all she wrote.

Hope your are feeling some better and improving. Take good care. Forgot you were into CM.

Thanks. I had always failed in my attempts to make progress in Combat Mission, but once YouTube video AAR's started to become more commonplace I found them extremely helpful in gaining the instincts I lacked.

Best to you, keep lovin' those grandkids!

Something new is in the demo that's not in the game! If you go to Options at the bottom there's an 'advanced' button. That gives you two options, high or low rez trees and shaders toggled on or off. I suppose to facilitate playing really big wooded maps. We might be getting a preview of changes coming in the eventual v1.01 patch.

I am tempted to download the demo just to try out this new feature. I wonder if there are any more changes?