My Five new soundmods are now available! :D

Well, technically they are just two with a few different versions of the second one.

But still, FIVE MODS UPLOADED!

Grab 'em while they are hot!

This is my last mod for CM. I'm done with modding for now.

I'll patch the mods if a new weapon appears in future versions of the game, but I won't release any new packs.

Oddballs Final Soundmod - Heavy Version

Oddballs Final Soundmod - Standard Version CMRT

Oddballs Final Soundmod - Standard Version CMRT Small Arms Only

Oddballs Final Soundmod - Standard Version CMBN-CMFI

Oddballs Final Soundmod - Standard Version CMBN-CMFI Small Arms Only

I wanted to provide videos for showcasing the mods, but I am really backed up on my editing for the youtube channels I have so I just don't have the time.

If anyone out there likes the mod and feels like putting up a cool video showcasing one of the mods, feel free to post it here in the thread to help me (and your fellow gamers) out! :D

I will try out the CMRT-standard Version. Thanx a lot!

I hope you enjoy it!

Thanks, Oddball! Nice and convenient.

What is you YouTube channel, and does it have CM-related stuff?

I have three actually :/

One that I don't use any more because I got a really hard smack on the fingers for putting up the intro to supertroopers (wasn't even the whole movie or anything, just the intro and they slapped a ton of restrictions on the channel that are permanent).

Another one is my "personal" one. That's the one I usually put up CM stuff on.

And then I have a third one which is my main one. I use that to put up storyline videos from Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Here are the links to the two I still use:

The Chakra Kusanagi channel (SW:TOR): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ-GYUv0NPgGLvsSroj4L9Q/videos

The LoboOddball one (where I post CM and other stuff): https://www.youtube.com/user/LoboOddball/videos

I found the sound of the flamethrower, called ................ "air rocket" - understand the limitations the engine, but give one sound for rockets and a flamethrower? -I do not know, maybe developers do not play their games, but then the sound in the game creates a 50% immersion - in "CMBN" even grease gun has its own sound, although it is difficult to find. But give only one sound for SVT and Mosina, dp and maksim - this is a big misunderstanding; (

ps. Is there a thread where you can report it to them and the authors read it?

I found the sound of the flamethrower, called ................ "air rocket" - understand the limitations the engine, but give one sound for rockets and a flamethrower? -I do not know, maybe developers do not play their games, but then the sound in the game creates a 50% immersion - in "CMBN" even grease gun has its own sound, although it is difficult to find. But give only one sound for SVT and Mosina, dp and maksim - this is a big misunderstanding; (

ps. Is there a thread where you can report it to them and the authors read it?

go to tech support and start a thread. for me this is the only issue i have that irks me kinda with red thunder. those weapons are so iconic of the ost front they deserve their own unique sounds.

Agree with the above comments regarding the use of joint sound assets for some of the Soviet small arms. Wasn't this something to do with BF not wanting to hog computing resources and therefore using joint assets in some cases? No idea, no programmer but hard to see how a few extra sound files would overburden most modern computers.

Agree with the above comments regarding the use of joint sound assets for some of the Soviet small arms. Wasn't this something to do with BF not wanting to hog computing resources and therefore using joint assets in some cases? No idea, no programmer but hard to see how a few extra sound files would overburden most modern computers.

Actually I'm pretty ok with them using a single sound source for multiple weapons (in fact, I've even tried to promote it in the past but that tunred into a cluster**** because people don't seem to understand how sounds are handled in the game).

BUT, I'm not so ok with which sounds they use on which weapon.

The Mosin-Nagant, for example, should have its own separate sound so that us modders can add bolt action sounds for it.

SVT could use the gun 7 single and then the MG's could use the gun 7 pk since they all are the same caliber and essentially sound the same.

In fact, BFC could clean up the sound resources significantly by letting the tommy gun and grease gun use the same sound, the MG34 and MG42 could use the same sound as well. They could dispose of the coax sound completely and get the tanks to use the sound that corresponds to the weapon fired instead.

I could go on, but I think you get my point.

Especially since changes were made in BN after this issue was raised. Strange to move back to fewer options in RT IMHO.

the MG34 and MG42 could use the same sound as well.

Now this is just blasphemy Oddball :P;)

Actually I'm pretty ok with them using a single sound source for multiple weapons (in fact, I've even tried to promote it in the past but that tunred into a cluster**** because people don't seem to understand how sounds are handled in the game).

BUT, I'm not so ok with which sounds they use on which weapon.

The Mosin-Nagant, for example, should have its own separate sound so that us modders can add bolt action sounds for it.

SVT could use the gun 7 single and then the MG's could use the gun 7 pk since they all are the same caliber and essentially sound the same.

In fact, BFC could clean up the sound resources significantly by letting the tommy gun and grease gun use the same sound, the MG34 and MG42 could use the same sound as well. They could dispose of the coax sound completely and get the tanks to use the sound that corresponds to the weapon fired instead.

I could go on, but I think you get my point.

if the grease gun has its own sound and MG42 mg43 it should have its own;) - as for me, may limit the number of other sounds, but definitely not for light weapons

air rockets, certainly uses CMBN - in CMRT not seen the missile raid ;)

if the grease gun has its own sound and MG42 mg43 it should have its own;) - as for me, may limit the number of other sounds, but definitely not for light weapons

air rockets, certainly uses CMBN - in CMRT not seen the missile raid ;)

Dude, the thompson and grease gun sound nearly identical in real life (if you shoot just one shot of course)

Same thing with the MG34 and MG42. The main reason they sound different is because of the different rates of fire.

Anyone who has tried my Light or Simplified mods can testify to this.

Same thing with the MG34 and MG42. The main reason they sound different is because of the different rates of fire.

But will they actually sound different in game because of the ROF when they use the same sound file? Just downloaded all your latest mods to try them out. Been a fan since CMBB :D

But will they actually sound different in game because of the ROF when they use the same sound file? Just downloaded all your latest mods to try them out. Been a fan since CMBB :D

Theoretically they should.

But the problem I've had with CM is that not only do the visuals lag sometimes, but the sound also lag sometimes.

If you're going to try it out and compare an MG42 to an MG34 using the same sound file, you should do so looking top-down on the guns from a close perspective to minimize lag.

Also, only my Simplified and my Lightweight mod has the same sound for the MG34 and MG42. The others actually have different sounds for them...

EDIT: but will they sound like the idealized sounds you have in your mind of the MG42? I don't think so. But that's a whole other story.

EDIT: but will they sound like the idealized sounds you have in your mind of the MG42? I don't think so. But that's a whole other story.

I have heard them both in reality but does that mean I want them to sound like that in game.. another story ;)

Oddball_E8,

i tried to took only your shot trails and to put them, in a vanillia version on CMSF (renaming them 0 to 7 as i didn't understand the reasons the a ones).

Should say it spatialized the gunfights, very very good work

Ps: i 'm amazed by the way you tried again another "angle of attack" for your mods, hat down

Oddball_E8,

i tried to took only your shot trails and to put them, in a vanillia version on CMSF (renaming them 0 to 7 as i didn't understand the reasons the a ones).

Should say it spatialized the gunfights, very very good work

Ps: i 'm amazed by the way you tried again another "angle of attack" for your mods, hat down

Thanks man!

Yeah, it's all because of JorgeMC and Bodkin. I tried their mods and I realized that my mod and waclaws mod were just too loud for my tastes.

I don't know how I got there with my own mod, but I guess it just grew over time.

And then there was the problem that some couldn't use the mods because their computer coldn't handle the strain.

So I just started working on a solution to that problem. And the shot trails were perfect.

Oh and the reason for tha A ones is just that I forgot to remove them :)

They are the ones I used first, but the "bang" of the weapon was still in them so they should have been removed completely hehe