Soviet HQ blended into a squad in an QB

So, when making a QB, I took a Soviet Battalion, deleted everything but a squad and a company HQ--which is as small as I could get.

When I launch the QB, I have one unit.

It has 12 soldiers.

It is lead by Captain Reshetnikov, who, I think, has a pistol. The unit is listed as a platoon HQ. The platoon can be split.

Is this WAD? It is perfect for my purposes, and if it represents a design decision, no doubt based on technical info, I want say....very impressive.

So, when making a QB, I took a Soviet Battalion, deleted everything but a squad and a company HQ--which is as small as I could get.

When I launch the QB, I have one unit.

It has 12 soldiers.

It is lead by Captain Reshetnikov, who, I think, has a pistol. The unit is listed as a platoon HQ. The platoon can be split.

Is this WAD? It is perfect for my purposes, and if it represents a design decision, no doubt based on technical info, I want say....very impressive.

sounds like you deleted everything but the Russian first squad. It is a pltn hq with 12 men and can be split.

Wait, you can seperate the higher level HQ element from a squad by using the split command?

Don't think the manual mentioned that.

Not really. This is unique to the Soviet Type 44 rifle battalion, which has no HQ element, just a platoon leader. BFC does not like 1-man HQs, so the PL is part of the 1st squad, and the 1st squad is flagged as the HQ. If you split the squad into teams, the A team with the PL in it remains flagged as the HQ. It is not, however, a separate platoon HQ as it still includes part of the 1st squad.