ETA on version 3.0?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys should tune in to ChrisND's Twitchtv http://www.twitch.tv/chrisnd program at 14:00 PDT Saturday afternoons.

He tosses out all kinds of "tidbits" and "bones" for upcoming stuff during his gameplay.

My understanding is that the developers are working on game performance enhancements for the CMx2 engine, and that the patches/upgrades will not be rolled out until this is complete.

One tidbit regarding CM:BS is that SAMs will be present in the game. He also has an early alpha video of CM:BS on youtube

Steve's been vewy vewy quiet. Perhaps v3 is the wabbit he's huntin'?

I've been wondering about this as well. Could it be that they have several irons in the fire at the present time, which has them all working feverishly? Say, a patch, the v3 upgrade, and a brand new game, like Black Sea for instance? Stay tuned and find out later...but that wabbit may get pulled out of the hat.

Michael

"One tidbit regarding CM:BS is that SAMs will be present in the game... "

Hope CMSF-2+ gets SAMs... maybe in a new module?

"Say, a patch, the v3 upgrade, and a brand new game, like Black Sea... "

I like the way you think Michael :D

I hope this is the case and Battlefront did not head off to Brazil for a few weeks ;)

I hope to the Great Gods of Programming Sanity that they get the first patch out for RT before, or as an integral part of, any other release. And given the state of BS, in Chris's sneak peek the other week, I hope the patch and the v3/2 upgrades for BN/FI are out before BS.

"One tidbit regarding CM:BS is that SAMs will be present in the game... "

Hope CMSF-2+ gets SAMs... maybe in a new module?

"Say, a patch, the v3 upgrade, and a brand new game, like Black Sea... "

I like the way you think Michael :D

I hope this is the case and Battlefront did not head off to Brazil for a few weeks ;)

I think Mr Emrys is right. I can say that beacause he doesn't put it in his sig anymore. On the other hand it wouldn't be hard for the BF team to go to Brazil as one of them lives there anyway.

You too may join the elect. Just put your hands on the monitor and cry out from your heart, "I believe!" :D "I believe!" Mr Emrys lives in Brazil ... on occasion ;)

I also believe the patch and the v3/2 upgrades for BN/FI are out before BS.

I also believe the patch and the v3/2 upgrades for BN/FI are out before BS.

I think that is a given. Just speculate (well, what else can we do under the circumstances?), it is possible that the patch might come out before the end of this month. It is possible that the upgrade might be out before the end of July. But I wouldn't even think of looking for BS (and I hope they change the title when they release it; that abbreviation lends itself only too well to cruel mockery) before the September-October time frame. And the only reason I can think of why we would be seeing it even that early is the timeliness of the subject matter.

Michael

I think that is a given. Just speculate (well, what else can we do under the circumstances?), it is possible that the patch might come out before the end of this month. It is possible that the upgrade might be out before the end of July. But I wouldn't even think of looking for BS (and I hope they change the title when they release it; that abbreviation lends itself only too well to cruel mockery) before the September-October time frame. And the only reason I can think of why we would be seeing it even that early is the timeliness of the subject matter.

Michael

BS... I thought the same Michael. Have some friends who's company was based on last names and they would have been B.S. Construction! They opted for a different moniker.

Being afflicted with Apple's 36% OpenGL pox... since the end of February... a patch would be most appreciated.

I will upgrade CMBN & CMFI to v3.0 ASAP.

That gives full spectrum CM customers time to enjoy the goodness of the patch and v3.0 before we move to some kick arse Modern CM :D

Will V3.0 have new units or just engine update?

Just the engine. New units exploiting the new mechanics (fire!!!!!) probably won't appear until the anticipated "pack" which may also include rare vehicles like captured French armour that saw action in Normandy.

Just the engine. New units exploiting the new mechanics (fire!!!!!) probably won't appear until the anticipated "pack" which may also include rare vehicles like captured French armour that saw action in Normandy.

Any idea when this new "pack" will arrive?

ChrisND mentioned something in his Gustav Line: Venafro Back Into Hell video on twitch. I think he said BF was working on optimizations for the patches before v3.0 upgrades would be offered. Can't say that for sure but I think that is what he said @ 1 month ago.

None at all, beyond "after the BNv3 patch" (and by after, I mean at some possible future point before the heat death of the universe). It's not even certain that it will materialise.

I was going to say not before the end of the year. But then I realized that for many impatient posters on this board, that amounts to same thing.

:D

Michael

Apple will eventually address OpenGL. Before they busted things in February!... all CM games loaded and played fine in 10.9.1 . Another fellow was going to try to install downgrade to Mountain Lion on a separate SSD and report back here when he tried it. That is an option to fix Apple's screwup and it should work. Actually could probably do a 10.9.1 SSD with fully functional CM as long as you disconnect from internet to defeat security hole in that version.

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=115789

OS X 10.9.4 beta 13E19 installed on hackintosh yesterday did increase the number of CMBN/CW/MG scenarios playable w/o the 36% crash OpenGL issue but not on CMSF Mac or CMBN/CW/MG. Thankfully 10.9.4 beta did not break CMRT Mac graphics. (Thank you Phil Culliton)

ChrisND mentioned something re: BF was working on optimizations for the patches before v3.0 upgrades would be offered @ 1 month ago. From Phil's comments "...We created a workaround for the issue as soon as we discovered it, and will be shipping it in every game we release a patch for, until it's no longer needed."

So... Fully working CM is coming.... Stay tuned:)

All this reminds me of a saying that was current a few decades ago: "To err is human, but to really screw up you need a computer."

:D

Michael

Now that we all have smart phones in our pockets... we are all screwed 24/7 :D