Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

resolution

It looks a lot better in 1080p. 1920x1080 is "high definition" after all, and even if that's pure marketing, there's no question that it's a nice, sharp resolution. I play on CM on a 1080p 24" monitor and love how it looks. In fact, I recently tried upgrading to a 2560x1440 monitor, and after a week went back to my 1080p unit. 1440p was an improvement, of course, but I was a little underwhelmed by it -- not the dramatic improvement I had expected -- plus text was just too small for my already-not-great eyesight, and CM's interface on a 1440p 27" screen was just too small for me.

I have an 18" monitor laptop, and the difference between playing CM at 1920x1080 vs. lower resolutions like 1280x1024 is indeed big -- 1080p is much crisper and nicer.

does cmbn looks better on a 24 inch monitor with 1920x1080 resolution than on a 17-18inch monitor with 1280x1024

if so, is the difference big? or noticable

There is HUGE difference - i couldnt believe my eyes when i moved from my old 1280x1024 monitor to a newer 1920x1080. I dont remeber the sizes in inches of my monitor, but the 1080 is significantly bigger, wich in combination with the higher resolution has greatly enhanced my gaming experience.