Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Europe......a place with no justice

Some questions for BT or anyone who knows. When i pre-order and the game becomes availible....will i get it as soon as it rolls of the press or do i have to w8 until my friends in the USA are playing it already for about a month and then us peeps in Europe (this happened before, that's why i ask). Also can buildings be damaged? And if so..will this be visual (don't mean smoke/fire but collapsed walls and stuff)

Thx in Advance

From what has been said before I think the position is that as soon as the Gold CD is duplicated and the copies, manuals etc received then ALL pre-orders will be posted..

In other words all pre-orders will be sent out as soon as possible. Since distribution will originate from America we Europeans will probably receive our packages a bit later than Americans since shipping across the Atlantic takes a little while longer than shipping to another place in the States.

So, to answer your question there won't be any ARTIFICIAL hold-ups like some companies have whereby they release European versions many weeks or months later but due to posting etc two packages sent on the same day, one to the US and one to Europe will result in the US package arriving to its recipient first. Unless you have a matter transporter that's the way it is unfortunately.

Hope that helps.. (This has been discussed ont he board before so I thought I'd give the general concensus reached previously. Obviously BTS may have some minor points to clear up still but that's your basic answer as I understand it.)

Fionn; as a slight followup, I would assume that you could always authorize Battlefront to use overnight shipping on your credit card if you really really honestly really wanted the game 'yesterday' smile.gif Approx 2.5 years ago, I asked Chips n Bits to go overnight FedEx to Canada with a game. End result; I was playing it about 2 days after it broke in the States.

But people in Europe might not want to go to this kind of lengths. Who knows though.

Tom

Guest Battlefront

Fionn is correct. Since we don't have stores and other things to worry about, once the game is done it will ship to everybody who placed an order. No attention will be paid to where it is going.

As for the "rush delivery" we currently do not offer this as an option. I suppose we could, but we looked into it and the S&H to Europe would be about $36 USD. That is REALLY expensive and we figure that so few people would want it that it isn't worth the bother of offering (we have to do certain things to make options available).

Shipping to Europe takes about 6 days now (we got a better service/rate). This is not much longer than domestic shipping (i.e. couple of days, not weeks).

Steve