[Released] Veins Germans RT

Vein, the more i look your uniforms, the more i want...

I mean, did you have other gems like that for the other CM opus ?

I dl the CW and italian ones, but did you have on your hard drive some mods not published yet for the US and Germans in CMBN and CMFI ?:cool:

some of those look like EZ uniforms

Perhaps these are the ones Vein mentions:

Note: there are a few smocks based on someone else's excellent smock mod but as I hadn't planned to release these I can't remember whose they were.

Vein, the more i look your uniforms, the more i want...

I mean, did you have other gems like that for the other CM opus?

I dl the CW and italian ones, but did you have on your hard drive some mods not published yet for the US and Germans in CMBN and CMFI ?:cool:

I have a whole set of modded germans for CMFI from tropical to snow and americans for CMBN and CMFI.

I have no plans to release these as there may be bits and bobs comped from other mods... but I may release them when v3 of CMBN and CMFI upgrade comes out if people want them.

Perhaps these are the ones Vein mentions:

That makes sense. EZ has some excellent mods.

edit: There is an updated V2 version of the RT Germans up at CMMODS. I have had to delete the previous one as I couldn't update it.

VRTGv2_zps7833e934.jpg

DOWNLOAD: http://s3.amazonaws.com/cmmods-zips.greenasjade.net/CMRT/Veins_RTGermans_V2.rar

Too bad you won't/can't release those - now some guys will go ahead and fiddle with these to create winter uniforms for CMFI. And as soon as they're finished you might just release those anyway.

If you're sure you sued other modders parts in your mod - why not ask for permission so you can release this? Unless of course you took bits and parts from mods for other games... That is when things get difficult.

Thing is that I have 7 sets of german uniforms in CMFI:

Tropical Heer

Normal Heer

Snow Heer (greatcoats)

Tropical Lutwaffe

Normal Lutwaffe

Fallschirmjäger

Snow Fallschirmjäger

Now that I have updated the germans for RT I will need to retrofit bits of them into my CMFI troops. This will take a commitment and a half. The V3 update will be the impetus I need to revisit them all.

Thing is that I have 7 sets of german uniforms in CMFI:

Tropical Heer

Normal Heer

Snow Heer (greatcoats)

Tropical Lutwaffe

Normal Lutwaffe

Fallschirmjäger

Snow Fallschirmjäger

We the people demand these be released to the public! :D

Your stuff is works of art man..

I asked myself whether or not I would say anything and at first I was not but since a long weekend is coming up I have gotten curious and I have a question? Could you explain to me and the other people on this forum why you used some material Modded by me without asking me or even noting where it came from, until someone brought it to your attention? At first I thought maybe this was and honest mistake but then you put out V2 again same stuff.

Now maybe I am old fashion or out of touch with the times but on my side of the pond this is or at least was considered rude, so I was wondering if this is considered ok by you and everybody else and why you feel that way. Can I expect this to happen to all my material, just would like to know before put out any more mods. Thks

ez

Was asked to release so here they are.

Note: there are a few smocks based on someone else's excellent smock mod but as I hadn't planned to release these I can't remember whose they were.

Pics are a bit sucky...

Not easy with my English, but i think vein release just in response at someone else asking for.

He tells us there's work from someone else.

that's fine for me, but i understand your question.

Not easy with my English, but i think vein release just in response at someone else asking for.

He tells us there's work from someone else.

that's fine for me, but i understand your question.

Hello

It is possible there is a translation gap, downloading someone else’s Modded material and then re-uploading that material without asking permission of the original Modder or maker was at one time a BFC no no. Has this change. Just wanted some clarification.

I am not questioning his work but why he used some of my work, which took a lot of my personnel time to make, without asking or saying who he got it from. Seems a reasonable question.

ez

You are right that was the convention back in the days of CMx1 as it was very easy to mod then and there were a lot of mods - the temptation of modders to take a substantial part of a mod, make a few tweaks and then post it as its own, was both easy and widespread.

However times have changed and modding is a lot more difficult and time consuming as the files are higher definition , far larger and to a higher standard.

Also in the world in general we have had a loosening of the copyright protection except at a commercial level as "Open Source" is far more common, Music, Art, Video are awash with 'ripped' and 'sampled' material.

I think that nowadays if you release a mod and want to retain some level of control then you ought to put a document in with the download files stating your rights to the design and what you want to happen with them.

On the other hand I think that modders such as Veins should keep a record (it is neither hard nor time consuming) of the mod elements they use and give a proper credit at the release point to those people and in a document contained in the download.

The bottom line is that it is a courtesy and nothing more, if you put material out in the internet without terms and conditions or authorship details then its is free usage, I am afraid.

On a personal note, the five guys who did the bulk of the rescue work at the old CMMODS site and saved and uploaded thousands and I mean thousands of files, for use by the CM community, got a load of abuse off certain authors (who had not put any authorship notes on their files, contact details nor anything else to identify them) complaining about breach of copyright, etc, etc simply because we were moving them from the old site to the new GAJ CMMODS site or posting them in bundles at the Scenario Depot before they were lost for ever. We asked permission where we could get it but in the majority of cases, there were no contact details and these were the people who were complaining.

If you want to keep control of your work you need to make the effort and provide authorship and contact details with your files.

Hello

It is possible there is a translation gap, downloading someone else’s Modded material and then re-uploading that material without asking permission of the original Modder or maker was at one time a BFC no no. Has this change. Just wanted some clarification.

I am not questioning his work but why he used some of my work, which took a lot of my personnel time to make, without asking or saying who he got it from. Seems a reasonable question.

ez

I don't think he meant it as an offense.

He claimed that he had made these for himself and not for release (which is fair to do) but then people asked him to release them and since he wasn't planning on releasing them from the start he had not noted down who made the originals for some of the smocks they were based on.

I know myself how hard it can be to keep track of what comes from where when it comes to mods and it's very easy to do something like this when you are just fiddling aroudn with something for personal use.

He did not try to hide it tho, he did say that some of the smocks were based on someone elses EXCELLENT work and that unfortunately he couldn't remember who's work it was.

Personally, when I don't remember the name of the author or can't get in contact with them I usually write in the READ ME that they should contact me if they know who they are.

It would be different if he did what someone did with my soundmod once. They used 90%+ of my soundmod and just released it as their own. Not a single mention of my mod and I usually wouldn't mind since most of the sounds in my mod are from other mods in the first place so it would have been possible for him to make one and just accidentally pick exactly the same sounds as I did, but I had also edited some of the sounds and those were all used as well.

Now, had he just mentioned that he used the sounds from my mod, I would have been fine with it.

But he didn't. Big difference there.

If someone releases a sound mod and uses some of the sounds I have made, but they claim in the description that they can't remember the soundmod they got it from, I'll be fine with that too. I might contact them and let them know it was from my mod, but usually I'll just let it slide.

Granted, making a sound is not even close to making graphics, but the concept is the same.

Hello

Could you explain to me and the other people on this forum why you used some material Modded by me without asking me or even noting where it came from, until someone brought it to your attention? At first I thought maybe this was and honest mistake but then you put out V2 again same stuff.

Now maybe I am old fashion or out of touch with the times but on my side of the pond this is or at least was considered rude, so I was wondering if this is considered ok by you and everybody else and why you feel that way. Can I expect this to happen to all my material, just would like to know before put out any more mods. Thks

ez

Very valid question.

The answer is that I had absolutely no intention to release the germans as mixed in with my hundreds of hours of work there are bits and bobs of work in there from possibly every single modder, even if some have been modded so heavily that there isn't much of the original left.

However someone saw a screenshot and asked me to release them.

As my other mods have on occasion been reused sans permission (and I don't mind as long as no-one claims they created those parts), I thought it easier to upload the skins to somewhere public rather than have hundreds of people email me and me send them out singulary.

I do not upload any mod I have done for kudos, back-slappage or any other form of grand-standing, ego-stroking, or compliment gathering. I upload them because people may want to use them and may enjoy using them as I enjoy using (and absorbing) other modder's creations. As far as I am concerned this is an open community and as long as no-one claims to have created my work themselves they are free to do whatever they want with it. That's what I do and what I hope everyone does.

I could have sought permission from every modder who may have had this or that in my uploads but to be honest I had no knowledge of who did what (I checked my downloads folder but had already emptied it), or how much I had subsequently modded that work. I could have scoured the repository and cmmods and downloaded all the uniform mods to compare and contrast but really... why bother. I'd rather not release them. It makes no difference to me.

If you would rather I remove them from CMMODS just say the word. The upload is for others not me.

As to other mods: if I like them and feel like changing and absorbing them into my own skins I will most certainly do it. Isn't that why we mod? For others to take it and make it what THEY want it to be? Use it how it befits them? I would have no intention of uploading them however. BUT, if someone saw them in a screenshot and asked me for them, I would give it to them. And just like these germans I would say 'some bits aren't mine'.

Perhaps you don't feel you get the recognition you should with your mods? That's a shame. But I mod for myself and share with others if asked. I don't want recognition, I just want people to enjoy a great game.

There. I have explained to you and 'the other people on the forum'. Judge me as you see fit.

Release your mods. Set them free. There are a lot of people who love them just the way you make them. Don't punish them because you feel I have robbed you in some way. I promise I won't upload any more mods :)